Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 09.10.23
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Property Legal Executive or Legal Counsel to join Superdry’s highly-regarded in-house legal team. The legal team at Superdry plays a pivotal role in empowering and supporting every aspect of the business to fulfil its potential and enable the business to progress and grow. The team works in close, trusted partnership with a number of key business decision-makers.
Working as an integral part of the team, we are looking for a practical, forward-thinking commercial person to support our owned-retail and franchise business. Fundamental to the role will be an ability to solve practical problems and to build and maintain strong relationships with a number of key partners and stakeholders on the operational sides of our business.
- Report to the Head of Legal and provide a wide range of services across multiple jurisdictions to the Real Estate and Franchise teams.
- Work directly with our Real Estate and Franchise teams to support on delivering new commercial opportunities to our business.
- Work with the Legal team and external advisors to prepare, draft, organise and manage a wide variety of legal documents including new leases, code agreements, licences, surrenders, deeds of variation, franchise agreements and all associated formalities.
- Negotiate and complete consensual agreements.
- Support on the overall operational aspects of the legal and real estate teams including workflows and the implementation of new legal tech and automation.
- Support on the management of our lease portfolio and franchise relationships.
- Be a key point of contact for the management of contract authorisation and formalities.
- Be a key point of contact for internal queries on the operative provisions of a variety of contracts.
- Attend internal and external team and progress update meetings.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the teams including organising internal and external training.
- Someone who has evidence of experience across a wide range of matters in a similar role, with Real Estate or conveyancing experience being essential.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and be someone who is able to engage and influence key stakeholders.
- Highly organized with experience of managing contracts and associated processes.
- Commercially minded, enjoy variety, have the ability to prioritise and successfully manage multiple deals at the same time.
- Able to demonstrate a client-orientated approach, both internally and externally; the ability to think laterally and to develop ideas in relation to business opportunities and training.
- Resourceful and driven to continually develop knowledge and skills in a challenging, evolving and supportive environment.
- Flexible and pragmatic with a focus on solving problems and delivering solutions.
- Someone who embraces technology and new ways of thinking and working.
- Someone with experience of the retail sector - desirable but not essential for this role.
- Someone working towards CILEX, holding CILEX or with 6months+ PQE as a Commercial Property Legal Counsel.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search