Closing date for applications: 18.12.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to come and join our sustainability team – driving and delivering our ambitious sustainability initiatives with specific focus on helping to set and deliver our Science Based Targets, as well as driving forward our roadmap on packaging and waste.
Reporting to the Head of Sustainability, this role works with multiple stakeholders across our business and our supply chain to inspire, deliver and to track change.
- Work across the business to drive change and monitor progress for each sustainability initiatives – accountability for the delivery of our Net Zero Science Based Targets (SBT), packaging, and Zero Waste targets.
- Consult, develop and implement the practical programmes focussed on achieving the above goals, including optimising existing packaging and processes to deliver tangible sustainability results.
- Manage third party contractors and take accountability for Superdry’s environmental operating budget, prioritizing activities to deliver our strategic environmental plan.
- Lead group environmental reporting – including our Website, Annual Report, Sustainability Report, CDP Disclosures, New Plastics Economy.
- Manage up to one team-member and assemble our ‘Sustainability Warriors’.
- Monitor group reporting/operations to align with domestic and international legal practice.
- Measure energy consumption and administer the company energy efficiency program including management of third-party contractors
- Consult in the forward purchase Group energy contracts in a timely and cost-effective manner across all territories.
- Manage demonstrable improvement in environmental impact of Group product and supply chain, maintaining a centrally consolidated resource for best practice on resource efficiency opportunities.
- Roll out of LEED, ISO50001 certifications in key suppliers
- Support local implementation of our sustainability goals and wider sustainability projects across group functions.
- Somebody with a good undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant subject and ideally a postgraduate qualification and / or membership of an appropriate professional body (IEMA, Energy Institute etc).
- Knowledgeable on environmental risks, climate change - with an understanding of current and emerging environmental law.
- Experienced in environmental, energy/or sustainability management ideally within a large organization, experience with textile, fashion or retail industries would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Familiar with Environmental Management Systems such as BREEAM / LEED / ISO140001 / ISO50001
- Knowledgeable on with a good understanding of national and global energy markets.
- A strong communicator, able to persuade internal and external stakeholders to make change, and a genuine commitment to the need to improve ethical standards and supporting systems.
- Experienced in managing operating budgets to deliver against strategic objectives.
- Honest, passionate and committed, always operating with complete integrity.
- Able to prioritize your workload and to take a logical and measured approach to complex issues.
- Somebody that enjoys working as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Somebody with excellent written, oral and presentation skills using a wide variety of media.
- IT literate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search