Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 09.06.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
As the Social Media Executive, you will be responsible for the management and engagement of existing and new communities via Superdry’s social media channels, helping to amplify and elevate the Superdry brand and its style collections.
The role will require managing, scheduling, boosting, optimising and analysing organic brand content through delivery of integrated, segmented calendars of content underpinning the cultures of the different style collections. You will also work closely with our performance marketing team to ensure that learnings and key insights are integrated across both brand and performance, while spotting opportunities to reach new audiences by keeping up to date on best practice and tactics for content and channel optimisation.
This is a great opportunity for a Social Media Marketing professional to support in the development, engagement and growth of Superdry’s presence across Social Media. In this channel we should be relevant, we should stand out, we should be shared, we should be admired, we should be renowned – and this must be consistent right down to our community conversations and how/where we position the brand.
Reporting into the Channel Marketing Manager/s and working collaboratively with Brand Managers, Copywriters & Content Editor, PR, Brand Creative and the Brand Agency team, this role will contribute to the change and elevation in brand perceptions by managing the social consumer conversations and third-party relationships.
- Support in the growth of Superdry’s digital community in line with agreed measures and milestones, building a deep understanding of our audience(s), their interests and motivations to gain actionable insights to strengthen the connection to the brand.
- Amplify organic marketing communication strategies across social platforms, manage the execution of the content plan and calendar with appropriate and agreed success tracking measures in place.
- Manage the engagement with consumers through social media marketing channels as a means to reset brand perceptions, spark positive interactions for the brand to constantly improve consideration, and increase our followers on each channel.
- Inform and collaborate with teams to deliver an approach and platform focus/bias that is appropriate to the consumer grid, communication persona and culture of Superdry collections, as well as identifying any unique requirements associated with the desired audience.
- Challenge business as usual, seek out innovation, disrupt so we stand out and are ‘talked’ about, renown and admired for our approach to the channel.
- Collaborate with the Copy and Content Editor and Brand Managers to build the seasonal content calendar and ensure the segmented requirements of the style choices and platforms are met in time.
- Collaborate with Performance Marketing to ensure key insights and learnings are integrated across all social media campaigns.
- Be a source of knowledge for engagement activations, best practice, benchmarks, the current and potential audience, talent and influencer relationships, social data, trends, insights and future thinking.
- Contribute towards reporting (weekly/ad hoc) on the performance of social marketing programs, reviewing results by tactic to proactively recognise and optimise audience interactions, and inform on future content briefs.
- Advise on International partners content calendars for third party content, supporting and collaborating with the markets, driving social content and calendar alignment, monitoring quality of the assets and relationships.
- Monitor and inform upon the health and sentiment towards the brand on social platforms, manage the responses and dialogue with our consumers ensuring a brand enhancing relationship at all times.
- Support system administration such as permissions/branded content partners, content publishing, account management, analysis and other back-end tools.
- Start and finish everything with the consumer.
- A social media enthusiast, you live and breathe this channel and are fanatical about its future.
- Passionate, energetic and identify with the Superdry consumer and their cultures.
- Experienced in businesses/brands of scale, but also those considered startup, independent or disruptive.
- From a branded background in fashion or sports (or other culturally relevant brand) possibly with agency experience managing brands in this channel.
- Experienced at successfully rolling out brand campaigns and plans internationally in varied business models
- Someone with a proven track record of prospecting growing and engaging the right social audiences and communities of brand advocates, you understand consumers and how to translate behaviors into insights and actions.
- Someone with understanding and experience of the ‘paid’ aspects of social and digital and the commercial drivers of success.
- Experienced in using Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Advertising among other social advertising platforms to build, optimise and analyse.
- Someone with understanding of the ‘paid’ aspects of social and digital and the commercial drivers of success.
- Able to demonstrate good analytical skills including familiarity with web analytics tools and social media reporting tools, specific knowledge of Sprinklr would be useful.
- Aware and engaged on trends, developments and new thinking in social/digital media
- Competent with both hard and soft reporting metrics and aware of how to influence performance against both
- A natural relationship builder that seeks out the connections to be able to deliver
- Adventurous and willing to try new approaches, open to learn from failures.
- Agile, adaptable and resilient, able to switch between strategy and tactics.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search