Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 30.06.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Superdry brand has grown up pushing the boundaries. As the business continues to evolve and implement its new strategy – new challenges arise, and the importance of governance and maintaining the right structure, processes and culture increases. This role represents a significant step in bolstering the Internal Audit function and presents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to progress.
As Senior Internal Audit Manager, you will report into the Head of Internal Audit & Risk. The Audit & Risk team is responsible for undertaking audit activity and supporting the business in improving its internal control environment. In addition, it is responsible for leading risk discussions to identify key risks faced by the business and to understand and challenge how these risks are mitigated. The Head of Internal Audit & Risk reports into the General Counsel and Company Secretary and also has a dotted line into the Company’s Audit Committee. The Audit Committee comprises of Superdry’s Executive and Non-Executive Directors and meets on a quarterly basis.
You will work closely with our third party Internal Auditors, and carrying out independent assessments of the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally. You will also assist with setting the annual Internal Audit Plan. You’ll also undertake ad-hoc investigations and reviews when required.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, knowledgeable and charismatic leader who has held internal audit management roles within practice (ideally Big Four) and / or developed further by gaining industry experience for a large, consumer facing business. The role represents a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to work in a fast paced, innovative environment., act as a number 2 for the current Head of Internal Audit and Risk and gain exposure in other key areas, such as: Corporate Risk Management, Business Continuity (Note: The current Head of Internal Audit and Risk has overseen the response to the COVID pandemic), Profit Protection, Store audit activities and Insurance.
- Build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business and develop an understanding of the business and its primary risk and mitigating actions.
- Work autonomously and in conjunction with Head of Internal Audit and Risk and Internal Audit Manager, to execute planned audits, including preparation and agreement of the audit scope, managing delivery of the fieldwork within the agreed timeframe, and agreeing findings with Heads of Department.
- Work closely with the Finance function to develop the Internal Control Framework as we move towards UK SOx.
- Support the third party Internal Auditors in preparation of audit scopes, delivery of fieldwork and agreement of audit recommendations.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of all recommendations, ensuring the collection of adequate and appropriate evidence to facilitate closure within allotted timeframes.
- Provide input to Executive, Risk and Audit Committee reports as required.
- Manage, lead and undertake risk based ad-hoc investigations as required.
- Co-ordinate and conduct investigations into whistle blowing cases and breaches of policy.
- Assist in driving forward agendas associated with Corporate Risk Management, Business Continuity, Profit Protection, Store Audits and Insurance.
- Eager to build on existing internal audit experience and develop credentials in other key areas.
- A qualified accountant with an ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Management experience within the retail sector and/or a FTSE listed business, though we will consider applicants from other industries.
- Experienced in developing and executing Internal Audit programmes in complex, multi-national and multi-channel businesses.
- A strong leader, able to effectively manage, inspire, coach and develop a team.
- Inquisitive, confident and a quick learner; able to get to grips with bespoke and complex systems.
- Interpersonally strong at all levels. You will have presence, gravitas, credibility, charisma and the ability to engage effortlessly and confidently with senior figures internally and with external partners.
- Able to translate audit findings and work collaboratively with management to develop remedial actions that mitigate associated risk, but are proportionate and reflective of Superdry as an organisation.
- Able to fulfil a corporate-type role in a company with a non-corporate ethos and style. Our culture is entrepreneurial, informal and relaxed, with a strong tendency towards fast pace and frequent change, and it’s vital that you are comfortable with working in this environment. If you prefer a culture that is highly structured with a corporate feel, this may not be the right opportunity for you.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with very strong attention to detail but also be able to see the big picture; able to work logically, prioritise appropriately and be pragmatic.
- Able to work autonomously and independently without requiring constant guidance.
- Happy to commute to Cheltenham a couple of days a week
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search