Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 31.10.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate 20 consumer websites on desktop, tablet and mobile and in a multitude of different languages. We sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe. We also operate 4 business-to-business websites, allowing our global wholesale customers to place orders online.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role, sitting within our test team, will play a vital role in conducting automation testing, enabling the use of continuous integration to deploy releases to live at speed, whilst ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested.
We are looking for energetic, dynamic and highly motivated people with a basic understanding of automation scripting and frameworks. You’ll also be thorough with excellent attention to detail, analytical and logical in your nature, and able to self-manage a busy workload in order to meet ambitious business deadlines.
- Implement the automation of both UI and Backend Test Cases as required.
- Manage and grow the current automated regression / CI test suite.
- Participate proactively in daily stand-up meetings, team meetings and project meetings.
- Be able to configure the Test Environments and Test Data as required by the Test Cases.
- Drive product quality by capturing, escalating and pursuing resolution on defects.
- Communicate with other members of the business to inform them of changes being made to systems.
- Communicate test results, metrics and risk assessments to project stakeholders.
- Clearly demonstrate root cause analysis, issue resolution, escalation and risk mitigation.
- Work with the automation team to prioritize automation requests from the backlog and demonstrate the results to the product owners and developers.
- Be able to read and understand others code to understand how the automation is done.
- Work with the automation team to understand different types of automation testing and how they can be beneficial depending on the system under test.
- An experienced Test Engineer with strong experience in a similar role for an online retailer or other relevant ecommerce business.
- Experienced with and knowledgeable about some automation test tools and programming languages.
- Willing to learn new skills and try new approaches to resolve problems.
- Able to take down complex information and break it into manageable pieces of work. Able to think quickly to resolve issues and ask the right questions to understand the business priorities.
- Driven, energetic, motivated and hungry, with an exceptional work ethic.
- Curious, inquisitive, and willing to ask lots of questions.
- Computer literate with good previous experience of using technology.
- Logical, analytical and thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- An excellent organiser with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Able to learn new systems quickly.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search