Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 02.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Our logistics department supports the business by managing the flow of our amazing product from supplier to end customer whether that be one of our stores, an eCommerce customer or a wholesale customer. We have a global network of consolidation centres and distribution centres that handles in excess of 40m garments per year. It’s an extremely complex operation requiring expert leadership, along with strong relationships with our international 3PL and freight partners.
As a Commercial assistant you will be supporting the Senior Logistics Manager and wider logistics team in all aspects of logistics administration. You will also be utilising data from our logistics and finance systems to provide insight to support contract negotiations and business improvements. The role will also involve managing invoicing workstreams and reporting. The individual needs to be data literate have a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Validate, approve and reconcile all transport invoices using Superdry's finance system (CODA) and BI Tools (Looker)
- Investigate and resolve invoice and purchase order discrepancies in a timely manner
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (Accounts Payable) and suppliers on a daily basis to quickly resolve any queries or issues
- Perform quality control of the invoice data and work with Accounts Payable to ensure all invoices are correctly coded in the system (CODA)
- Record invoice data daily in an invoice tracker
- Generate a monthly carrier cost report with KPI metrics by week two of the following month
- Organise and archive invoice data.
- Effectively manage CODA workflows while meeting internal deadlines
- Manage raising of Purchase Orders for Superdry spend
- Track PO’s and matching against Invoices/3PL weekly reports
- Obtain internal sign off of PO’s/Invoices, based on delegated level of authority
- Liaise with Head Office Accounts Payable, to ensure all Invoices are processed correctly
- Be single point of contact for Consumables, deal with Suppliers, forecast usage, and raise PO’s/GRN’s
- Book travel for Managers
- Update weekly movements diary, holidays, and booking meetings
- Be a single point of contact for all Superdry visitors
- Take minutes for all Superdry attended meetings
- Perform Ad-Hoc admin duties
- Someone with experience in a commercial or invoicing and accounts role and knowledgeable of the logistics sector
- Commercially astute in order to support decision making
- Experienced in accounts payable and invoice software
- Adept with different IT systems and software; intermediate in Microsoft Excel
- Able to work effectively in an autonomous environment whilst retaining regular links with key stakeholders in the business across the globe
- A logical thinker with attention to detail
- Someone who enjoys problem solving
- Able to communicate and present effectively
- Understand the impact of your actions on others
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search