Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 31.07.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our Finance department in Cheltenham. We are striving to be the highest performing finance department in the retail industry while maintaining high levels of financial integrity. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and build a career in a fast-paced retail environment.
The Financial Accountant is a key role within the Financial Reporting team. You will be responsible for preparing the IFRS Group year end and interim accounts, as well as the preparation of local GAAP subsidiary accounts across a number of territories. There will also be the opportunity to get involved in projects including finance transformation and system development. You will also implement of new financial standards. You will work closely with a wide variety of contacts across Finance and externally, including Internal, Group and subsidiary auditors.
The role requires great analytical skills, strong communication and a logical, solutions-focussed approach.
- Prepare the consolidated IFRS Group accounts and notes that form the back half of the published Annual Report.
- Prepare and project manage UK and European subsidiary accounting, including managing audits remotely and liaising with external accountants.
- Manage IFR 16 lease accounting.
- Act as a key contact and have a hands-on role in the success of the Group audits at year end and interim.
- Validate information reported in trade announcements to the City.
- Research and implement new accounting standards that affect the Group.
- Provide support to the Finance senior management team and peers as required.
- Build strong working relationships across the Finance department.
- Manage ad hoc international requirements, liaising with other departments within Superdry as needed.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packs for overseas entities.
- Monitor intercompany recharges and compliance with transfer pricing requirements.
- Work closely with the tax team on the collation of information required for international tax returns.
- Be a key part of finance initiatives including transformation and systems development, proposing best practice changes. This includes the migration of consolidation from spreadsheets to a system-based approach.
- Transition subsidiaries from local accounting standards to IFRS.
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with ‘Big 10’ audit experience.
- This role would be ideal for someone who is newly qualified, as a first job in industry.
- Proactive, driven, resilient and able to work under your own initiative.
- An analytical thinker, able to solve complex problems.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- Someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to “get stuck in”.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to change your approach depending on audience.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
- An ability to work under pressure to set deadlines.
- Experienced with Excel.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search