Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 04.07.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Our IT department support the global business by providing the right systems and technology infrastructure to enable our people to do their jobs. This role is focused on supporting and developing third party bespoke applications used by our Merchandising teams, which allow us to record sales and stock movements, replenish stores with new stock, and plan expected sales and stock requirements. We run two key systems for these purposes, called Mercatus and Island Pacific, which are highly integrated and deliver a seamless solution to the Merchandising teams.
Working within the IT Business Systems team, your role will be vital in ensuring that the systems are up to date, operationally fit for purpose and fully support the business objectives and strategy. You will manage incidents, identify and implement fixes, conduct system health checks and carry out regular maintenance to ensure optimum performance.
- Provide key BAU systems support to the Merchandising team and where necessary assisting and support key project activities.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system issues, then communicate progress and resolutions.
- Use data extraction and analysis to aid issue resolution or information demands.
- Administer the incident and problem management processes with third party suppliers and internal teams.
- Agree timescales and priorities for system fixes and improvements.
- Manage all relevant system administration and configuration.
- Document IT processes including how to guides, troubleshooting, and common processes.
- Perform daily maintenance and health checks to ensure successful completion of scheduled tasks and integration processes.
- Ensure that the flow of data between systems is functioning correctly and where appropriate work to resolve problems with a focus on minimising repeat issues
- Work effectively with stakeholders across the business, predominantly in Merchandising, Logistics, Business Transformation, ECommerce and IT.
- Experienced in supporting and administering IT systems.
- Ideally equipped with a background working in the retail sector with retail Merchandising IT applications such as Mercatus and/or Island Pacific though this is not essential. We’ll consider strong IT systems support professionals without the Merchandising experience, or people with a Merchandising background and IT capability who lack systems support experience.
- Used to dealing with internal end users together with third party support providers to ensure issues are dealt with efficiently and within agreed service level agreements.
- Able to demonstrate strong IT skills and knowledge, ideally including MS SQL and PL SQL, Excel and Access, Word, Power Point and MS Project, and an aptitude to become quickly familiar with new systems.
- Ideally able to troubleshoot SFTP, FTP, CSV, XML and other file types.
- An excellent organiser who is detail orientated, with a strong work ethic and a great team player.
- Flexible, self-motivated, proactive and results oriented.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to cope with multiple tasks, maintaining high level of accuracy at all times.
- Able to investigate and resolve problems.
- Able to estimate, plan, prioritise and schedule tasks and review progress.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to own incidents through to resolution.
- An excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in senior stakeholder engagement.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search