Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 29.10.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced commercial lawyer to join Superdry’s highly-regarded in-house legal team. The legal team at Superdry sits at the heart of the business and works in close, trusted partnership with a number of key business decision-makers. It plays a pivotal and highly-visible role in empowering and supporting Superdry to deliver success.
We are looking for a passionate, engaging, delivery-focussed commercial lawyer to drive innovation and play a key role in delivering and executing Superdry’s ongoing digital transformation strategy and wider commercial objectives. Fundamental to the role will be an ability to solve practical problems, unlock opportunities and to build and maintain strong relationships with a number of key stakeholders on the operational sides of our business.
Reporting to the Head of Legal and managing a team of 2 qualified lawyers and a paralegal, the role will be based at Superdry’s Head Office in Cheltenham. However, Superdry embraces agile working some flexibility will be possible.
- Be the Legal Business Partner for Superdry’s tech-focussed functions across Digital, Ecommerce, Data, Performance Marketing, Logistics and Core IT around the world. The role will be pivotal in supporting Superdry’s focus on embracing digital commerce and technology.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships across the business and take time to understand Superdry’s strategy and commercial goals.
- Advise on the negotiation and commercial implementation of a varied range of tech, SaaS and outsourcing contracts including complex, high profile and business critical deals.
- Support, manage and help develop the wider Commercial Legal team which covers every aspect of Superdry’s global operations from sourcing, compliance, supply and sustainability to marketing, real estate, wholesale, licensing and franchise.
- Proactively drive continuous improvement in the wider legal team including the use of technology and other solutions to drive process improvements and manage risk.
- Think laterally and drive practical and innovative commercial solutions to problems.
- Be responsible for managing a small, capable team while also playing a vital role in the leadership, direction and ethos of the team.
- Manage a budget and, where required, the effective instruction of external counsel and other service providers.
- A solicitor qualified to practice in England and Wales. As a guide, we are looking for someone with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience although all exceptional candidates will be considered.
- Passionate about tech with an understanding of how technology and data can drive and support commerce and transformational change.
- Commercially-minded, with an understanding of business operations, commerce and finance.
- Technically capable with deep knowledge of the laws, regulations and processes which govern the key operative aspects of retail and consumer-led businesses.
- Experienced in working in a relevant in-house environment whether through secondment or through a previous in-house role.
- Meticulous and take personal pride in your work, instilling this approach throughout your team, striving to run a team that produces high quality work.
- A proven leader of people, with the ability to motivate, drive, guide, develop and shape your team and your peers.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently to senior level decision makers.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively with the whole team.
- Not afraid to take decisions and are solutions driven – you get things done.
- Passionate, driven, high energy, resilient, and have an approach that embraces change, and an unflappable nature that helps you stay calm and functioning in challenging times.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search