Closing date for applications: 31.07.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
A Short lead Time Project Lead is owner of the life circle of a product from design, development, through bulk production, critical path management and delivery to the warehouse and follow up on quality checks in the warehouse.
The role requires:
- Development and production follow up skills for short lead time products with high agility, and speed. (Injections, SMU.s, special programs, online programs etc.)
- Seamless communication with the UK Design, Sourcing and Technical Teams
- Management of Turkey suppliers, trim / accessory sources, print / embroidery and wash houses.
- Owning the product development stages from initial design concepts through to successful delivery, ensuring that the products are developed according to the design specification and within the relevant critical path dates with full tracking and visibility.
- Owning Critical Path Management in bulk production from order placement to bulk delivery to the warehouse in Turkey
- Responsible for cost negations, buy placement, lead time agreement etc.
This role works single handedly and reports to the office manager directly.
- Agree with all stakeholders and allocate all developments.
- Work with suppliers to manage sampling capacities for on-time sample deliveries.
- Responsible for option count management for correct capacity usage
- Review requested garment amendments on development samples, ensuring they are correctly actioned in timely manner in correct fit and block, fabric and finish.
- Involving to initial fit reviews at development stages, responsible to final fit approval process.
- Work with fabric technologist to use correct approved fabric bases on developments and/or develop new qualities within requested quality standards.
- Ensure that development samples are delivered according to the critical path, meeting sales launch dates global sales meetings, buy meetings and trade shows timescales.
- Hold a risk assessment meeting internally and externally to asses developed styles with quality and technical teams and suppliers.
- Own trim & accessory developments for requested products;
- Develop requested trims / brandings/ labels & accessories by meeting set standards and test requirements.
- Follow up on trim/label amendments at fit stages at development stages whilst ensuring that amendments are correctly actioned in a timely manner
- Manage branding changes for on time communication to relevant departments and follow up actions to finalise approvals in timely manner.
- Source innovative, sustainable material and accessory development
- Seek out innovative trim materials and collaborate with Design on material selection
- Finalise pending negotiations for trim and accessories - Communicate agreed prices with relevant parties.
- Responsible to manage cost price negotiations and finalise based on business expectations
- Responsible to manage PLM requirements for accurate reporting and visibility.
- Price Entry Completion to PLM within given deadlines
- Regular updates on Sample Trackers
- Negotiated MOQ / Lead Time Entry to PLM
- Take reports from PLM to analyse data and convert to reasonable business reports.
- Responsible to manage any possible liability fabrics and make sure that it is utilised at Design stage
- Manage resourcing process with seamless communication and follow up with relative departments.
- Responsible from bulk production for on time and in full (OTIF) delivery
- Supplier visits to monitor production stages,
- Hold critical path meetings weekly and follow up progress daily
- Manage possible risks and issues with suppliers and relative teams internally and finalize with sustainable solutions.
- Manage system updates for on-time delivery (Looker, PLM, Styleman etc)
- Seamless communication with the UK teams with progress, possible risks and suggested solutions.
- Fluent in Turkish and English language – written and spoken
- Pro-active, ability to generate solutions, systematical working
- Experienced in the clothing industry and have preferably worked in production in suppliers
- Passionate about product and have experience across various product types including knit, jersey, denim and woven
- Knowledgeable in printing techniques, appliqué and embroidery applications
- Knowledgeable at wash & finishing processes at development stages and able to offer suppliers technical support
- Knowledgeable at fit / block reviews and pattern making rules with commercial eye for product
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good computer skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/ Google Documents)
- A clear communicator with strong reporting skills
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search