Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 14.12.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Reporting into the Global Payroll Operations Manager as part of the People Operations team, you will be responsible for managing payroll for several international countries within EMEA, North America, and APAC international regions. You will be responsible for managing our third-party service provider to ensure that Superdry deliver a quality payroll service to all international employees.
The role relies on developing partnerships with all internal stakeholders to support and help manage any local payroll processes and working collaboratively to resolve any issues. Working with different time and attendance systems or excel you will be the super user of these systems, be the first point of contact for our third-party provider and support local teams in ensuring system compliance.
You will need to build strong relationships with all external suppliers to ensure that the systems are operating to meet Superdry requirements and be the main Superdry contract to deal with issues as they arise. In addition, you will be the main contact for all payroll queries from other departments to ensure they have all the information and data they need to work effectively and efficiently.
- Have a strong understanding of EMEA, North America & APAC payroll processes and legislation enabling the oversight and management of the International Payroll function for these regions.
- Assist the Global Payroll Operations Manager in ensuring the groups payroll function is “best in class”, internal frameworks are adhered to and that all payroll processes are robust, and the control environment is strong.
- Be responsible for the running of the day-to-day payroll, which includes compiling and checking data from Superdry processing, Co-ordinating Time Sheet data from stores and sending data to third party providers, checking reports, and understanding overall variances to be able to summarise and approve payroll processing from the third-party provider to deliver accurate and compliant payroll processing.
- Be the main point of contact for the third-party payroll provider and manage day-to-day relationship from Superdry perspective. Escalate any issues, identifying solution and looking at improvements to the service of the provider from both parties.
- Document all payroll processes and maintain how-to documents to ensure consistent processes are in place, ensuring we are compliant with audit controls and all variances are completed, errors are investigated and raised appropriately with the necessary parties to reduce errors in the future.
- Resolve, where possible, and facilitate resolution where for queries as and when they are raised by either employees or managers to ensure that people understand their pay.
- Be a superuser of the Time and Attendance tools and use this knowledge and experience to support Superdry.
- Managing invoices to ensure that a full understanding of the budgets and costs are controlled through a robust process ensuring the best value for money for Superdry.
- Working with internal stakeholders (People team, Finance and Retail) to ensure that they receive all Payroll data that is required for the business month on month to achieve payroll deadlines and be able to recognise, flag and propose solutions to potential delays by building strong working relationships.
- Take the lead on improvements for the systems, processes, and payroll delivery of the international payroll team with the goal of maximising efficiency and accuracy to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Support local teams to ensure all International Payroll processes are consistent, provide training where necessary to make sure accurate submissions of data.
- Lead, motivate, develop, and coach a team which includes regular 1 to 1’s carrying out training to ensure the individuals gain the relevant experience to develop via performance reviews.
- A highly motivated and driven professional, with excellent communication skills and a track record of delivering high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Able to build strong relationships with several different partners to work in a collaborative environment.
- Able to identify issues, look at solutions and offer suggestions independently.
- Able to share your knowledge to support local teams in order to maximize efficiency and reduction of errors.
- Aware of costs, and able to review budgets to ensure they are in line with expectations.
- Able to assist in offering and providing payroll data to support wider decision making within Superdry.
- Manage and maintain clear and informative communications to all stakeholders.
- Highly assertive, interactive and can work under pressure.
- Analytical and an excellent problem solver whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Competent with working in a payroll environment and understand of terminology across multiple geographies.
- Ideally CIPP (or equivalent) qualified or working towards qualification.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search