Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 10.12.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Salary from £28,000 pa & Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a busy Company Secretarial team of a listed company and work with an experienced Deputy Company Secretary in a varied governance role.
- Maintain and improve administrative and governance processes for a listed company.
- Assist with governance and statutory compliance for our UK subsidiaries and support in the statutory compliance process of our global subsidiaries.
- Assist the Deputy Company Secretary in the preparation and circulation of Board and Board Sub-Committee and Executive Committee meeting papers and packs.
- Assist in the maintenance of the annual calendar for Board, Board Sub-committee Executive Committee meetings.
- Support the Deputy Company Secretary with post meeting actions.
- Manage the arrangements for Board, Board Sub-committees and the Executive Committee meetings.
- Provide administrative support to Board directors, including processing expenses and travel for Non-Executive Directors.
- Assist and support the Deputy Company Secretary with the preparation and production of the annual report.
- Provide support on stock exchange announcements, FCA announcements and other statutory announcements.
- Support the Deputy Company Secretary with Annual General Meeting.
- Lead on Company Secretarial correspondence and communication, ensuring accurate responses in a timely manner.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of our corporate website.
- Assist with share plan administration.
- Support the Deputy Company Secretary with the Annual Report process.
- Administrative support, such as raising purchase orders and managing registered office post.
- Work with the Deputy Company Secretary to ensure that the Superdry’s governance framework is robust and fit for purpose, including ensuring compliance with Delegation of Authorities and approvals as well as the ongoing review of policies.
- Assist in ad hoc corporate projects.
- Ideally a graduate or qualified member of the Corporate Governance Institute.
- Experienced in company secretarial/governance matters, preferably in a listed company environment, but not essential.
- Someone who is very organized and a ‘self-starter’, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Able to prioritise multiple workstreams, even when working under pressure – and you handle this well.
- Interested in developing a corporate governance career in a listed company environment.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and curious with a growth mindset, able to think on your feet and be pro-active and flexible – you are happy to drive continuous improvement, particularly relating to processes.
- Respectful of confidential information and have high personal integrity and discretion.
- You are a strong communicator and can build relationships with stakeholders at all levels with a focus on collaboration.
- You have excellent technology skills and are competent in Microsoft 365, Excel and PowerPoint experience of using Diligent and Board Intelligence would be an advantage.
- Happiest working in a fast-paced environment, as part of a busy team.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search