Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 07.12.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently looking for a Credit Controller to join the Finance Team based at our Cheltenham head office. Reporting to the Credit Control Manager or a Credit Control Senior, you will be responsible for the proactive management of accounts within your territory, monitoring the risks associated to credit limits and shipping, whilst at the same time taking responsibility for all debt recovery actions required to reduce overdue and bad debt.
The ideal candidate will have proven credit control experience, be an excellent communicator, highly organised, adaptable to change, and with an excellent eye for detail. You will need to be able to work under pressure, demonstrate tenacity and have great negotiation skills.
This is a hybrid working role, with an expectation that you will be in the office 2-3 days a week.
- Work to monthly collections targets for your appropriate territory
- Chase debt by telephone and email, keeping your overdue debtors to a minimum
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with your customers
- Effectively negotiate repayment plans where required
- Proactively monitor, action and report on the risks associated to credit limits and wholesale shipping needs
- Review debtor reporting on a weekly basis including accounts on hold or over their credit limit
- Work with other departments and key stakeholders to ensure the ongoing effectiveness of credit and collections activities
- Take responsibility to manage credit limits with terms of our Insurer policy
- Review key financial data from the Credit Reference Agency to support credit risk
- Actively undertake to review the credit status of all your accounts / new business prior to each selling season with a view to mitigating risk to the business
- Investigate and resolve queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for your customers
- Support with the posting and allocation of payments as and when required
- An experienced credit controller with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Able to make sound judgements and key decisions within your level of autonomy
- An excellent negotiator with great communication skills
- Someone with a granular approach to analysing data
- Flexible, with good commercial awareness and the ability to think outside the box
- Customer focused with experience of managing different customer types
- Highly results focused with a track record of working to and achieving targets
- Able to use your initiative and have a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to work alone, as part of a team and across teams in the wider business
- A competent user of excel
- Able to apply a pro-active approach and focus on continuous improvement
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search