Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 08.10.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: From £27,428 per year plus benefits
As an Assistant Merchandiser you will provide proactive support to the Merchandiser and Junior Merchandisers, helping to plan product ranges and preparing stock and sales plans to support decision making. This role involves analysing retail stock and sales data to deliver in season actions which will both maximise sales and drive profit.
Working in Merchandising at Superdry is a great opportunity for Assistant Merchandisers to stretch themselves further, expand their skill set and widen their experience. Uniquely in our market, our Merchandising teams are very involved with the product, working closely with the buying team to create the best ranges possible. As an Assistant Merchandiser you would provide proactive support to the Merchandiser and Junior Merchandisers, helping to plan a global range across retail and wholesale, tailoring to different territories. Our Outlet stores are also a key business initiative and as an Assistant Merchandiser you’d also support the off-price offer.
Joining Superdry you will play a key role in the success of specific product types. As well as having strong technical abilities and experience at Assistant Merchandiser level, Superdry really values how you do things as behaviours are equally important. The Superdry behaviours of Passion, Family and Fun are essential to thrive here
- Maintain a comprehensive library of appropriate historical data to support analysis of trends and forecasts
- Provide day to day support to the Merchandiser, managing the range plans
- Update and maintain the WSSI to support stock control of the department
- Be working towards managing your own area within the department, overseen by a Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser
- Identify and inform the Merchandisers of any supply difficulties through regular review of intake and commitment, as well as being responsible for all order placing
- Support and develop the Merchandising Administration Assistants in the department
- Someone who is currently working as an Assistant Merchandiser, ideally with experience working for a large fashion retailer
- A confident communicator, engaging when presenting and able to influence at all levels
- A strong user of Microsoft Excel and adept at working with high volumes of data, coupled with excellent numeracy skills
- Highly organised with a real attention to detail
- Aware of the importance of critical path management
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Commercially astute with an understanding of customer profile, product range and competitors
- Experienced at leading, developing and managing others
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or prepared to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search