Job Title: Head of Marketing
Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date for applications: 16.05.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced senior marketeer to join Superdry and have responsibility for shaping, leading and executing the strategy for the brand reset to all consumer channels. You will come with creative and market leading approaches that will retain, attract and engage our current and future customers.
You will work with a highly talented team on executing the brand strategy within existing and new channels to extend our reach and acquire new brand advocates and customers creating brand excitement and loyalty. This role reports in to the CMO and forms part of the Senior Leadership Team for Ecommerce, Performance Marketing and Digital.
- Define and execute the strategy for branded communication channels including Press, PR, Social Media, Influencers and Retail (owned and franchise)
- Work closely with peers and key stakeholders in Ecommerce, Performance Marketing and Digital Technology to ensure alignment on key campaigns.
- Assess the effectiveness of campaigns through capturing and analysing market data to improve audience targeting and engagement and inform evidence-based decisions on new campaigns, customer segmentation and ROI.
- Own the delivery of the customer communication plan, including choice of medium and segmentation.
- Achieve and exceed department KPIs for customer growth, engagement and return on investment.
- Ensure that the team are working towards the business strategy of brand reset and digital communication.
- Collaborate with the Creative Centre to create inspiring content around key moments which is tailored for the platform and audience.
- Expand existing and new channels to include Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Snapchat, YouTube, and Programmatic TV, online and offline Press, media aggregators, retail stores, PR events
- Work closely with Legal and Finance teams to ensure observance of legal and budgetary protocols.
- Work with the PR Team to procure and manage all PR agencies, including International.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of highly motivated discipline and channel experts to achieve our customer engagement strategy.
- Maintain an overview of where to invest budget for maximum return, constantly re-evaluating in relation to performance.
- Experienced in working within a multi-channel brand – fashion industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels within the organisation.
- Able to come up with new strategies and campaigns to engage with customers.
- Experiences working as a senior marketeer with the ability to identify and shape strategic initiatives.
- Highly self-motivated and organised.
- A good networker and relationship builder
- From a strong brand management background with functional expertise across all areas (in particularly Social and Influencers)
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership ability.
- Experienced in influencing strategy within a matrixed working structure.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire.
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply