Job Title: BI Developer
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 22.05.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We’re looking for an experienced BI Developer with strong technical skills in the right kind of systems and tools, and a strong background in delivering business insight via reporting. You’ll be well versed in tools such as Matillion, Redshift and Looker, and you’ll be a highly capable user of SQL.
As a complex organisation, we rely heavily on accurate, insightful data and reporting coming from multiple systems in different functions to help us make the right business decisions. Our Business Intelligence team, sitting in our ecommerce department but serving the wider business, is responsible for helping people across the business access the data they need in the way that they need it. We use specialist tools to extract data from various systems such as those used for buying, merchandising, production & sourcing, product lifecycle management, wholesale sales, online sales, retail sales and stock management. We then collate and reformat it to make it suitable for reporting and create the reports.
- Help maintain and develop a resilient Data Warehouse underpinning a variety of analytical requirements.
- Develop new integrations using the Matillion ETL tool to take new data sources into the data warehouse.
- Monitor the performance of existing ETL processes and troubleshoot performance issues as they arise.
- Support the Wholesale API strategy and API ecosystem development, consistent with the department digital transformation.
- Assist the business in data reconciliation exercises between the data warehouse and source systems.
- Help manage and administer the Looker BI platform
- User the Looker reporting tool to deliver reports and dashboards to the business.
- Support users across the Wholesale business in the use of the Looker reporting tool
- Become a key part of Superdry’s data future in cloud data tools and solutions.
- building complex reports. Any experience of doing this within an ecommerce or retail environment would be useful but is not essential.
- Able to demonstrate SQL skills in any of the SQL variations – MYSQL, SQL Server, Postgre or Oracle
- Experienced in some of the following areas, with an aptitude to learn and develop the other skills:
- Working within a Data Warehouse environment using ETL tools and direct SQL coding
- Working within Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Using Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Looker, Tibco, IBM or MS
- Using AWS Redshift data warehouse
- Working with Matillion data extraction tool
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels
- Experienced in managing AWS access permissions
- Capable of interpreting stakeholder requirements into useful actions
- Determined and committed to follow every job through to a successful end.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or able to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire.
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply