Job Title: Designer
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 19.04.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
This truly is an amazing time to join the Superdry Design team and develop your career, we have a brilliant opportunity for a talented Designer, in a newly created role, to be a pivotal member of the Code team in the development of our short turnaround and SMU range, whilst maintaining our brand integrity and quality. This role will design across both genders but there will be a weighted focus around womenswear and our teen/gap and fashion follower consumers.
- Be responsible for creating and developing product led designs that strongly focus on our targeted consumer matrix, and brand opportunities
- Enhance our brand DNA, by ensuing the brief is met and our consumer needs are always at the forefront
- Identify new market opportunities in conjunction with the Collection Strategy team to drive sales and profits for this area
- Be able to lead with innovative product solutions and have the agility to design multi product categories within both menswear and womenswear
- Work directly with suppliers and our territory offices in the development of products
- Have a strong all-round understanding of colour, fabric development both jersey and wovens, wash processes, finish techniques and garment construction, understanding shape and silhouette
- Have a good level of attention to detail to ensure all product features and finishes are executed to a high standard and understand how this all needs to be brought together to meet the briefs provided
- Design products to achieve the department pricing architecture – Foundation, Growth, Positioning
- Produce creative and innovative designs with clear tech packs to produce ‘right first time’ samples
- Manage sampling, ensuring the samples are delivered on time and executed to the Superdry standards and requirements
- Collaborate with the team and wider business to work in an agile way to get our SMUs and short lead time products to market as quickly as possible
- Be responsible for integral dates within the critical path and meeting agreed SLA’s
- Be able to present in key meetings, with regular interaction at exec level (Creative Director, CEO)
- Actively contribute to the development of the sourcing strategy
- Work collaboratively with our regional offices, product developers and technical team
- Lead the relationship with the Legal team, cross referencing designs and brand marks
- Experienced in design techniques and processes with a genuine interest in apparel and culture
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Able to easily convey aesthetic vision to the leadership team and key suppliers/territory offices
- Genuinely immersed in style and have a love for trends, colour, print and pattern
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills
- University degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years design experience
- Strong collaborator
- The ability to think strategically and problem solve in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to changes and deliver on deadline
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects while simultaneously handling demands and changes
- Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.)
- Ideally experienced with PLM program systems
- Able to deliver departmental KPIs
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply