Job Title: IT Service Manager
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-06-28
Close date: 2019-07-26
Closing date for applications: 26-07-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our IT department supports the wider business by providing the technology and tools to enable everyone else to deliver their work successfully. From PCs and laptops to mobile and fixed line comms, from store operating systems to specialist software systems that are vital to the smooth running of different departments, we underpin the success of the company by ensuring everyone can do their jobs without worrying about whether they have the right technology to do so.
The IT Service Manager role is accountable for the services we provide to the business, and enables the evolution of our support offering by owning the change management process. You’ll also own the major incident response process, coordinating and directing the actions we’d take in the event of a system outage or loss of service. You’ll be responsible for delivering a first class service to all of our internal customers, ensuring that everyone has the techability to create their Superdry stories. You will also lead and manage a small Retail focused IT support team.
- Own and manage the end to end change management process for the IT Department, including chairing the weekly Change Advisory Board meeting.
- Act as the go to person for all major service incidents, ensure service restoration and impact communication is the priority, along with chairing post incident reviews and managing actions.
- Identify and lead service improvement and cost reduction/efficiency initiatives.
- Own and improve all IT service processes and procedures, aligned to ITIL.
- Provide reports to an agreed schedule or on request, including management summaries and detailed performance reports.
- Own and escalate service issues internally and with external providers where required.
- Implement, own and champion a supplier management framework
- Promote service improvements on an ongoing basis to continually enhance quality of service and customer satisfaction with IT support services.
- Actively engage with outsourced suppliers, particularly in respect of first line support for stores. to ensure the service delivered meets/exceeds contractual expectations.
- Provide leadership and management to the Retail IT team, ensuring first class support service is provided, whilst developing, supporting, nurturing and motivating the team, keeping them fully engaged.
- From an IT service management background, with a track record of achievement in similar roles. Some experience of doing this type of job within a retail business would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Experienced in working within an ITIL framework and knowledgeable around all relevant protocols and terminology. ITIL V3 or V4 is desirable.
- Experienced in leading a change management process with an understanding of how professional structured change management and control works.
- Experienced in managing major incident response with a track record in handling significant incidents such around service loss and system outages in a calm, focused and speedy manner.
- An experienced manager and leader of people, able to develop and engage a team, keeping them motivated and delivering high quality work on a consistent basis.
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service through a positive customer focused attitude.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and suppliers, utilising excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical with the ability to interrogate information and draw insightful conclusions.
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or able to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply