Job Title: Senior Commercial Manager
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-07-04
Close date: 2019-07-17
Closing date for applications: 17-07-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
As a truly global business we have a logistics operation to match. We ship millions of units of stock from our factories (predominantly in Turkey, India and China) to our distribution centres in the UK, Belgium and the USA, then onto our owned stores, franchise stores, wholesale customers and ecommerce customers. It’s an extremely complex operation requiring expert leadership, along with strong relationships with our international 3PL and freight partners.
In this role as Commercial Manager you will work with key business stakeholders and support the Head of Logistics to strengthen the commercial relationships and contracts with all global 3PL providers. The prime function of the role is to help the senior leadership team in logistics understand where money is spent and how this relates to savings targets on a global basis. Furthermore, you will be expected to build upon this by developing the cost to serve model to guide focus and business decisions regarding activity and new business decisions.
- Actively manage the spend on the logistics consumables budgets on a global basis
- Be responsible for supplier management of associated suppliers
- Analyse the GNFR spend across all activities on global basis for patterns and inconsistencies
- Assist the SLM – Global Operational Excellence in quantifying savings opportunities
- Ensure that all initiatives proposed either internally or by 3rd parties are budgeted and tracked accordingly
- Ensure that any gain share related to the above is correctly factored
- Analyse, interpret and communicate the narrative around cost variances with the Logistics Business Partner
- Support all procurement activities related to logistics services with analytics on a global basis
- Management of weekly and monthly flash costs model within the freight and carriage areas
- Maintain an accurate representation of the freight cost model within Superdry systems
- Interpret forward projections on volumes in terms of potential logistics costs alongside the SLM – SC Planning
- Oversee the budgeting process completion by all 3rd parties and internal functions as required
- Develop and maintain the ‘Cost to Serve’ model for Superdry Logistics
- Ensure that relationships and contractual obligations are being met by all parties within your remit
- Administer our talent management and development activities with both direct reports and 3rd parties senior teams
- Drive the operations under your supervision to undertake activities and developments within Superdry’s strategic plan
- Someone with a successful track record in a Commercial Manager role
- A keen and experienced data analyst
- Knowledgeable of the logistics sector and have previous experience of dealing with third party contractors. We will also consider candidates working for 3PL providers in a suitable role
- Ideally someone with retail, wholesale and ecommerce experience, preferably in the fashion retail sector. We will also consider candidates with relevant experience from companies who move high volumes of product quickly, across multiple countries
- Preferably someone with financial auditing experience
- Strong at stakeholder management and possess the ability to influence at all levels
- Commercially astute in order to drive appropriate decision making at contract level and globally
- Adept with different IT systems and software; advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Able to work effectively in an autonomous environment whilst retaining regular links with key stakeholders in the business across the globe
- Based within easy commuting distance of Burton-upon-Trent, with the willingness to travel regularly to our head office in Cheltenham and our stores across the UK.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding….
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply