Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-06-25
Close date: 2019-06-30
Closing date for applications: 30-06-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
As Internal Audit Manager, you will report into the newly appointed Head of Internal Audit & Risk. The Audit & Risk team is responsible for undertaking audit activity and supporting the business in improving its internal control environment. In addition, it is responsible for leading risk discussions to identify key risks faced by the business and to understand and challenge how these risks are mitigated. The Head of Internal Audit & Risk reports into the CFO and also has a dotted line into the Company’s Audit Committee. The Audit Committee comprises of Superdry’s Executive and Non-Executive Directors and meets on a quarterly basis.
You will work closely with our third party Internal Auditors, and carrying out independent assessments of the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes globally. You will also assist with setting the annual Internal Audit Plan. You’ll also undertake ad-hoc investigations and reviews when required.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to work in a fast paced, innovative environment. Previous Internal Audit experience is preferred although not essential.
- Develop an understanding of the business and its primary risk and mitigating actions
- Work autonomously and in conjunction with Head of Internal Audit and Risk, to execute planned audits, including preparation and agreement of the audit scope, managing delivery of the fieldwork within the agreed timeframe, and agreeing findings with Heads of Department
- Support the third party Internal Auditors in preparation of audit scopes, delivery of fieldwork and agreement of audit recommendations
- Track progress of all recommendations, collecting adequate and appropriate evidence to facilitate closure within the allotted timeframe
- Provide input to Executive, Risk and Audit Committee reports as required.
- Undertake risk based ad-hoc investigations as required
- Co-ordinate and conduct investigations into whistle blowing cases and breaches of policy.
- Assist in facilitating the transition from an outsourced to a co-sourced Internal Audit function, where responsibilities will be shared between a small in-house team and our third party partners
- Assist in coordinating business continuity and risk processes
- A qualified accountant with an ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Ideally experienced within the retail sector and/or a FTSE listed business, though we will consider applicants from other industries
- Able to build strong relationships across all areas of the business and with the third party Internal Auditors
- Inquisitive, confident and a quick learner; able to get to grips with bespoke and complex systems
- Able to influence senior stakeholders and present sometimes difficult messages
- Able to translate audit findings and work collaboratively with management to develop remedial actions that mitigate associated risk, but are proportionate and reflective of Superdry as an organisation
- Able to identify thematic weaknesses from audit findings
- Able to fulfil a corporate-type role in a company with a non-corporate ethos and style. Our culture is entrepreneurial, informal and relaxed, with a strong tendency towards fast pace and frequent change, and it’s vital that you are comfortable with working in this environment. If you prefer a culture that is highly structured with a corporate feel, this may not be the right opportunity for you
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with very strong attention to detail but also be able to see the big picture; able to work logically, prioritise appropriately and be pragmatic
- Able to work autonomously and independently without requiring constant guidance
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or able to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply