Job Title: Senior Analyst - Investment Capital
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-06-25
Close date: 2019-07-08
Closing date for applications: 08-07-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, with our unique product sold in nearly 60 countries. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join our FP&A team within the Investment Capital function. This will involve managing the entire capex budget, and subsequently being the key contact for non-finance managers across the business. The role will be high profile and will involve considerable interaction with senior executives, reporting to the FP&A manager.
The successful candidate will have strong experience of financial planning & reporting functions and processes, and demonstrable excel modelling and analysis experience. Experience of investment appraisal and valuation would be highly desirable. In addition, they will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, balancing multiple work streams under tight deadlines and working independently to deliver high quality, board-level output, to aid decision making. Experience of Cognos and CODA would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Manage the investment process and deliver robust, timely appraisal of investment opportunities for board approval
- Be responsible for administering the investment committee process and minutes
- Be focused on systematizing reporting and gaining greater granularity, consistency and control over the Capex spend, including close interaction with the wider group budgeting process
- Manage the entire Investment Capital Budget, particularly non-store areas (of which there is an increasing focus), with subsequent monthly rolling forecasting and variance analysis so that the latest view is known at all times
- Be able to understand and demonstrate the short and long term Cash and P&L impact of all investment opportunities in support of the current financial year budget and longer term forecasting
- Be experienced in business partnering and providing both financial and commercially focused suggestions, with a strategic and long term view in mind
- Co-ordinate the management and tracking of capital spend across all aspects of the business
- Provide robust, learning orientated post-implementation reviews of all capital projects on a timely basis
- Strive to constantly improve the monthly reporting and forecasting of Capex projects
- Support the senior management team and peers as required
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required outside of normal duties
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified, with track record of success in FP&A functions
- Cheltenham based but willing to undertake occasional travel to London
- Ideally experienced in valuations and DCF modelling
- Someone with advanced financial modelling, planning and analysis skills
- Able to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference
- Ideally, someone with experience in the retail sector, and plc experience, but this is not essential.
- A strong communicator and influencer, able to build credible relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Download job description Apply