Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-12-03
Close date: 2018-12-21
Closing date for applications: 21-12-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Superdry has an Internal Communications team based at our head office in Cheltenham, responsible for producing engaging and inspiring content for our colleagues across the globe. The newly created role of Communications Manager is to be responsible for all communications to head office staff (circa 700), plus our colleagues in support offices across the world, delivering innovative and creative ideas that inspire, inform and bring Superdry to life. Alongside this, you will also support the Group Communications Manager and the rest of the team with activity involving our retail store colleagues.
This role would be perfect for an experienced internal communications professional who loves variety, challenge and pace. We’d love to see a background in the retail sector, but the most important thing is that you are agile, an excellent communicator and able to own and deliver a clear communications strategy.
- Manage the central communications calendar to ensure comms are timely and effective
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders from every department, helping them to understand the communications process, understanding their requirements and ensuring they are communicated accurately
- Fully understand and engage with our company tone of voice and communication style, working this into all communications
- Work with our translation partner to ensure tone of voice is retained across all translated foreign language communications
- Collaborate with the HR and operational teams both in the UK and overseas to understand how to approach communications to suit different cultures and time zones
- Work closely with the creative department to ensure creative, innovative, compelling and engaging communication methods are used
- Utilise our internal communications channels, particularly Workplace, to deliver key messages and drive engagement
- Review and evolve existing processes and procedures to ensure we get the best possible result and reaction from each communication, while staying true to Superdry values
- Consider how communications influence and impact the internal and external customer base, and use customer insight to ensure communications have the desired impact on the customer
- Utilise a range of evaluation tools and metrics for each communication to identify key successes and learning points for the future
- Evaluate feedback from stores on how communications are received, and use this feedback to inform future decision making
- Lead a small team of communication specialists, coaching, developing and mentoring them to ensure high levels of performance, giving them the opportunity to stretch themselves
- Experienced and successful in roles focused on managing internal communications to a diverse audience, with a focus on ensuring relevance, engagement and creativity.
- Ideally from an internal communications role within the retail sector, although other industry backgrounds will be considered
- A proven leader with the ability to manage, mentor, coach, develop and inspire others
- A strong communicator with excellent relationship building skills to proactively engage and influence at all levels
- Clear and concise in you written work
- Able to think creatively to provide solutions, ideas and improvements
- Adaptable to change, always remaining positive
- Able to think strategically and evolve our overall communications strategy
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Based within commuting distance to Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- A range of great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Cafe
- A range of team and social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply