Job Title: Digital Brand Marketing Manager – Maternity Cover (contract until Nov 2019)
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-10-12
Close date: 2018-10-26
Closing date for applications: 26-10-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our brand is world renowned for its obsession with making incredible product and lives by its purpose, “we create the clothes; you create the stories”.
We view ourselves as a disrupter, a challenger. We are bold, maverick, with a fearless entrepreneurial spirit running through us. We are fast moving, innovative, progressive and passionate, and we want to communicate these attributes to our audience across all of our marketing channels.
Reporting into the Digital Director, you will be responsible for brand and digital marketing strategy, driving consistent growth across all marketing channels. You’ll seek new opportunities and channels which are suited to our brand with the aim to drive brand awareness and performance. You’ll also be responsible for setting out the strategy to drive the brand forwards delivering high quality engagements and visits across all channels.
This role requires a balance between analytics and creativity to deliver against hard commercial targets while telling the Superdry story in an engaging way.
- Be responsible for the creation and execution of the marketing strategy spanning all channels.
- Own the brand plan and brand strategy and ensuring all aspects of the marketing and activities align with the ethos and goals of the brand.
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns with a digital first approach, that cover all of our trading channels and global requirements.
- Ensure marketing plans are in alignment with marketing budget and design timelines.
- Lead the roll out of digital first marketing techniques and developments across the business including use of AI and machine learning, online to offline strategy, customer attribution, audience/database marketing, digital content strategy.
- Forecast marketing channel sales ensuring all necessary parts of the company are geared accordingly.
- Oversee the leadership of all marketing teams including Performance Marketing, Social, PR and Global Marketing Planning teams – 26 people in total, with three direct reports.
- Ensure that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
- Upskill teams in digital transformation where necessary.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Manage senior stakeholder relationships with other business units and functions.
- Work closely with the Customer Insight and CRM team to champion customer focused activity in marketing and the business.
- Oversee the leadership of a high-performing digital performance team with a focus on delivering traffic and revenue targets.
- Understand analytics and measure ROI, leading and developing them into meaningful, customer led reports for the business.
- Manage budgets across all marketing channels to drive cost effective growth and achieving revenue targets within budget.
- Own and manage third party relationships with key suppliers to ensure maximum value is generated for the brands.
- Work with external agencies and teams to create an enduring brand message that results in increased sales, brand loyalty and improving market share.
- Oversee and directing the social media strategy for the company to develop upper and lower funnel techniques as well as being at the forefront of social creativity and innovations.
- Champion the brand internally making sure all elements of the company understand the brand and its goals.
- A self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Experienced working in digital/performance marketing, preferably within a fashion retail environment.
- Experienced in planning and actioning multiple, complex, multi-channel marketing programs, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success.
- Excellent managing key stakeholders.
- Experienced in managing external agencies.
- Experienced of leading, managing and coaching a large team.
- Great at time and budget management with the ability to work well under pressure to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Confident communicating and presenting on both an individual and formal level.
- Driven to continually improve the customer experience in a digital environment.
- Analytical, using your skills and experience to manage ROI targets.
- Up to date with the competitive market, customers, and retail trends.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- This role is also eligible for a car allowance, private medical and a bonus worth up to 15% of salary on a pro-rated basis.
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply