Job Title: Assistant Branding Designer
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-09-14
Close date: 2018-09-28
Closing date for applications: 28-09-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales.We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Superdry is looking for a Trainee Branding Designer to work alongside our existing Branding team, supporting them with the design and development of those little finishing touches that make our products amazing – the trims, labels, zips, buttons and badges, along with the packaging and swing tags that complete the Superdry product.
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Designers, Garment Technologists and factory suppliers.
When applying for this role please attach a copy of your portfolio.
- Actively contribute your ideas, research and design concepts to the branding team, maintaining industry awareness to support product development objectives
- Regularly monitor and report trend, street style and graphic design that is both relevant and new for the brand, whilst remaining commercial
- Create colour palettes and ensure they are distributed to the wider team
- Take detailed, clear notes in all design related meetings and distribute accordingly
- Work with designers to produce technical design spec packs, updating them with design updates/changes
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the supply base and its product capabilities
- Manage the upload and organisation of the design specifications onto our PLM system
- Assist our designers with developing existing branding and packaging – bringing fresh ideas and concepts
- Design outstanding branding, adhering to legal guidelines, using Adobe Illustrator
- Support the development and maintenance of creative and conceptual standards for graphic design
- Work collaboratively with the Design and Garment Technology teams and suppliers to ensure consistency and quality of designs and finished products
- Take ownership for the Branding/Print moodboards and samples in and out of the showroom, organising and preparing for showroom meetings
- Ensure the design office space and showroom is organised and the Design Team have what they need at all times
- Have full responsibility for sending and tracking post, ensuring all shipping paperwork is accurate
- A recent graduate with a First Class or Upper Class Second degree in a fashion or graphic related discipline and ideally have completed an industry placement year.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of branding and packaging techniques.
- An experienced user of Illustrator.
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of colour and branding innovation
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of our core/target customer and brand DNA
- Ideally experienced in working collaboratively with suppliers/print factories
- A team player and always positive with a can-do approach
- An excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, professional, and engaging manner
- Adaptable, with a flexible approach to your hours and travel
- Hugely passionate about the Superdry brand
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply