Job Title: Business Transformation Project Manager – 6 month contract
Type: Fixed Term
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-06-13
Close date: 2018-07-06
Closing date for applications: 06-07-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Our Business Transformation team are responsible for delivering all the major programmes and projects to deliver Superdry’s overall strategic aims. They are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the business on an initial full-time, three month contract where the focus will be the delivery of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system to support the product end to end journey.
The role requires a commercial, multi-disciplinary Project Manager, who has the ability to work with all departments across the business, engaging stakeholders at all levels and forming cross-functional project teams to deliver simple, pragmatic and effective solutions that deliver our corporate strategic aims. Experience of working with PLM systems would be highly advantageous.
- Maintain a structured approach to project management, ensuring projects are delivered to time, quality and cost expectations
- Manage the project through the key stages of the project lifecycle ensuring authorisation to proceed is obtained from the project board
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables and document in project brief and initiation documentation
- Define and gain agreement to the project business case using clear cost/benefit analysis
- Work with senior stakeholders to analyse requirements, define business requirements and the required project outputs to deliver benefits
- Define the project activities and plan required to deliver the project outputs
- Define and gain commitment to change management activities across the business required to embed the changes delivered by the project
- Lead the project team in delivering project outputs that are capable of delivering project benefits
- Identify risks to the project and work with stakeholders to identify owners and mitigation plans including escalation to Executive level where required
- Manage project issues through to resolution with project team members or escalate to appropriate levels where required
- Track and report project deliverables to the project board and key stakeholders using standard templates
- Manage scope changes through the change control process to ensure that the business case is still valid and that the project board sign-off any changes to scope
- Ensure that deliverables are completed to acceptable time, cost and quality standards
- Complete post-project project evaluation to capture key success and learning points for future projects
- Work closely with key stakeholders across all functions of the business, in particular the Senior Programme Manager, Heads of Department, Executive Committee members, cross functional project teams, external Suppliers and global customers
- Experienced in delivering commercially focused projects for a fast paced, high growth, complex business, in a retail and/or wholesale environment, internationally, with projects that cut across multiple operating companies.
- Proficient in successfully running cross functional projects with a commercial focus
- Experienced in running large scale projects worth £10 million plus
- A strong leader with demonstrable experience of establishing and managing cross functional project teams
- Experienced in stakeholder management and the ability to influence at all levels
- Able to understand and establish business requirements and create structured plans over the short and long term
- Commercially astute with the ability to produce and articulate sound business plans that demonstrate clear business benefits and return on investment for proposed projects
- A strategic and analytical thinker
- Very strong in communication and relationship skills
- Able to deliver software solutions as well as people and progress change
- Ideally experienced in working with PLM systems
- Located within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Download job description Apply