Job Title: Junior Buyer (12 month maternity cover)
Type: Fixed Term
Closing date for applications: 25-05-2018
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Category Management represents Superdry’s Buying function and we currently have a new opportunity for an exceptional Junior Buyer to join the team to cover a period of maternity. You will work closely with your Buyer and Head of Category Management, as well as lead a team of an Assistant Buyer and Buying Administration Assistant. The main purpose of the role is to work collaboratively with all internal departments to build a commercial and balanced range in line with the Category strategy.
Core activities include involvement in range planning, product selection for retail and wholesale markets, range building for the retail estate, and sample management. Based from our head office in Cheltenham, our Category Management team work in collaboration with a variety of other functions following every garment through from Design to Customer. This role will be focused on our Womenswear tops, shirts, dresses, skirts and shorts.
If you’re someone with previous Buying experience with another Fashion retailer, looking for a fresh challenge and wanting to get your teeth into something a bit different then Superdry is the place for you.
- Drive the category strategy for all channels by range building commercial and balanced category collections, to maximise sales and profit, putting the customer and brand integrity at the heart of everything we do
- Ensure all buying activities are conducted in line with the critical path
- Work closely with Merchandising to plan and execute balanced ranges suitable for all channels in line with KPIs
- Analyse the business trading activities and react in a timely manner to any potential opportunities
- Work closely with Design to execute product ranges in line with plans that drive innovation and consumer engagement
- Work alongside Garment Technology to ensure fit and quality is maintained to our famous high standard, using your critical eye for detail and quality to collaboratively improve garments bringing a customer focused view to all decision making
- Own the global price architecture for your categories, collaboratively working with the Sourcing team to support margin and profitability
- Manage and support the development of an Assistant Buyer and Buying Administration Assistant
- Work across business functions to support and inspire the delivery of our messages to the customer
- Degree educated, ideally in a fashion or retail related discipline
- An experienced Junior Buyer or an established Assistant Buyer from a fashion background, looking for their next level role
- An experienced leader of others, able to develop their core buying skills whilst offering them the right level of coaching and mentoring
- Someone with excellent presentation and communication skills; you will also be experienced in presenting at Director/Board level
- A proficient user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Resilient and calm under pressure, someone who thrives in a diverse, commercial and fast-paced environment
- A strategic thinker, with meticulous planning and organisation skills
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- A range of great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Apply Send to a friend