Job Title: Retail Communications Manager
Closing date for applications: 25-08-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story, building a global turnover of £590m across our retail, ecommerce, franchise and wholesale channels, with strategic plans well underway to achieve significant growth over the coming years. Although our incredible success has been built on a truly multichannel approach, our retail stores remain the beating heart of our business and our most visible sales channel. We now operate nearly 250 owned stores across the UK, Europe, the USA and China, with an ambitious store opening programme delivering more retail space month-on-month.
As Retail Communications Manager you will take overall responsibility for managing communications from all business areas to the global retail estate ensuring stores operate cohesively. The role requires a creative, energetic, focused and strong communications expert with a ‘can do approach’ who can ensure delivery of all retail communications effectively and creatively deliver new concepts to increase engagement with our store population. Reporting to the Global Operations Manager you will work closely with our retail & franchise area teams in driving better communications and increasing overall engagement.
Based in our Cheltenham Head Office this role will suit someone who has extensive experience managing communications, is passionate about colleague engagement and is confident in managing a broad mix of stakeholders.
- Manage all communications from head office to stores, delivering innovative approaches and creative ideas that inspire and inform store teams, and helps the global store estate operate consistently and cohesively.
- Build strong relationships with Heads of Retail, Area Managers, and stakeholders from other departments, helping them to understand the communications process, understanding their requirements and ensuring they are communicated out accurately to stores.
- Work with the retail and marketing teams to fully understand our company tone of voice and communication style, working this into all communications.
- Work with our translation partner to ensure tone of voice is retained across all translated foreign language communications.
- Collaborate with the HR and operational teams overseas to understand how to approach communications to suit different cultures and time zones.
- Work closely with the creative department to ensure creative, innovative, compelling and engaging communication methods are used.
- Work with the retail project team to ensure timely and accurate communication relating to all retail projects is distributed.
- Develop easy to use feedback procedures and ensure feedback is utilised to evolve and develop new ideas with regards to store communications.
- Review and evolve existing processes and procedures to ensure we get the best possible result and reaction from each communication while staying true to Superdry values.
- Consider how communications influence and impact the internal and external customer base, and use customer insight to ensure communications have the desired impact on the customer.
- Utilise a range of evaluation tools and metrics for each communication to identify key successes and learning points for the future.
- Evaluate feedback from stores on how communications are received, and use this feedback to inform future decision making.
- Attend store visits at key times to truly understand how your communications are landing in their intended environment.
- Own the communications budget and ensure all spend is utilised in the most cost effective way.
- Lead a small team of communication specialists, coaching, developing and mentoring them to ensure high levels of performance, giving them the opportunity to stretch themselves.
- Experienced and successful in roles focused on managing internal communications to a diverse audience, with a focus on ensuring relevance, engagement and creativity.
- Ideally experienced in working in an internal communications role in the retail sector, though we will consider other industry backgrounds.
- Ideally experienced in working in a retail management role within your previous career, with a strong understanding of store operations, visual merchandising and customer service within retail stores.
- A proven leader with the ability to manage, mentor, develop, coach and inspire others.
- A strong communicator with excellent relationship building skills to proactively engage and influence at all levels from internal Head of Retail, Area Manager and Store Manager colleagues to third party service providers.
- Clear and concise in your written work to ensure that colleagues whose first language isn’t English are able to understand your communications.
- Able to think creatively to provide solutions, ideas and improvements.
- Able to think strategically and evolve our overall communications strategy.
- An excellent organiser with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office applications in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Based within a commutable distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate.
What We Offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, medical, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend