Job Title: Ecommerce Test Manager / Senior Test Analyst
Closing date for applications: 25-08-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 ecommerce websites in a multitude of different languages, and sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role, sitting within our Testing team, will play a vital role in ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested, with issues and improvements identified and passed back to the developers for further work, prior to final testing before release to the live environment.
We are looking for a new Test Manager, to provide leadership to our team of Test Analysts. We could recruit an experienced Test Manager immediately, or alternatively we are happy to recruit a Senior Test Analyst with some team leader experience, with the potential to develop into the Test Manager role over time.
Either way, we are looking for experienced senior ecommerce website testing professional with a track record of working in a similar role in a fast paced, busy environment with a leading edge ecommerce retailer. We need a strong mix of ecommerce website testing experience and leadership skills.
- Lead on all aspects of leading, developing, coaching, mentoring and managing the team, including helping to train some new and inexperienced testers entering their first roles in a testing environment.
- Work closely with the project teams of Developers and Business Analysts to ensure full coverage of business requirements relating to website testing and support.
- Provide full test estimates covering the entire testing cycle from test planning, test case writing, test execution, regression testing and retests.
- Develop testing scripts that capture all possible functionalities and eventualities, ensuring that comprehensive and thorough testing takes place.
- Conduct detailed manual testing of website developments across multiple devices, operating systems and browsers including desktop, mobile and tablet; Windows, IOS and Android; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Conduct positive testing, checking that the sites work how they are designed to work, and negative testing, trying to break them by using them in ways they were not necessarily designed to be used.
- Conduct a limited amount of automated testing, working closely alongside external automated testing providers such as Bugfinders.
- Identify defects, issues, problems and potential improvements, and log these on the JIRA issue tracking tool, then work closely with the website developers to ensure that they fully understand the amends and changes required.
- When development amends are completed, retest and repeat the process until no further defects are identified, then recommend the developments for release to the live environment.
- Conduct regression testing on the websites to ensure that new developments do not have any unintended consequences on the existing functionality of the sites.
- Conduct smoke testing once the developments are released to the live environment.
- Ideally ISTQB qualified, or with equivalent experience.
- Highly experienced at working in an ecommerce testing environment, with a track record of conducting manual testing of online shopping website developments prior to release, identifying issues and improvements. Candidates who only have experience of testing back end systems will regrettably not be considered.
- Experienced in testing across multiple devices, operating systems and browsers including desktop, mobile and tablet; Windows, IOS and Android; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Ideally experienced in utilising automated testing tools, though this is not essential.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in using SQL queries and issue tracking software such as JIRA.
- Experienced in using content management systems.
- Able to test all support fixes on internal test environments both in databases and web environments.
- Able to monitor progress of support issues and keep relevant key stakeholders informed.
- Experienced in working to tight deadlines and able to adjust to changing demands at short notice.
- An experienced people manager or team leader with the ability to train, develop, lead, mentor and motivate others.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- An excellent organiser with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham.
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Pension contributions
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend