Job Title: Global Sourcing Manager
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 25.10.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Sourcing Manager to oversee all elements of our Sourcing activity from our Global Territories.
This exciting role will involve working closely with peers in the Merchandising, Brand Business Management and Design teams to turn ideas into great merchandise. Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, you will be managing all elements of the supply base to ensure our market leading designs are manufactured to a high standard and delivered on time.
This role will suit an experienced Sourcing professional from within the apparel industry, who has extensive knowledge of Product Sourcing. You will understand the most effective ways to communicate with overseas suppliers and how best to deliver great quality to budget whilst also considering ethical standards, procedures and supplier conditions.
- Support the strategic objectives of the business/department by maintaining and developing an effective supplier recruitment and induction process
- Ensure that we are able to deliver our goals in the relevant categories by having in place an appropriate network of high quality, capable suppliers
- Secure cost efficiencies through effective negotiation with suppliers by accurately analysing benchmark costings with existing and potential suppliers
- Research supplier innovations and support the Design team in the development of new product categories
- Take responsibility for analysing global demands, market development and forecasted needs to ensure that commercial opportunities are identified and capitalised on
- Visit factories as necessary throughout the cost negotiation, development and production stages to assess adherence to our ethical and technical compliance standards
- Manage sourcing projects within deadlines and in-line with the strategic direction of the department
- Manage budgets as well as assessing factory capacities
- Deliver both country and supply base mixed in line with seasonal plans
- A highly experienced Sourcing Manager with a strong background in the fashion industry
- Experienced and knowledgeable about product, suppliers and factories, with a strong and well developed network of contacts
- Equipped with advanced knowledge of product construction, the critical path, costing, manufacturing and calendar management
- Knowledgeable about trends in market conditions, pricing and future markets
- An excellent organiser, with project management and planning skills as well as the proven ability to prioritise multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and accurate work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Able to think through the details and contingencies of plans and make sound business decisions
- A strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to influence and establish credible relationships with suppliers, customers and employees
- A strong negotiator with the ability to find pragmatic solutions that work for all parties
- Able to fully understand the department strategy set out by the Sourcing and Sustainability Director and drive the strategic objectives on a daily basis through your team
- Willing to travel to visit suppliers as required, including international travel
- Equipped with good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply