Job Title: Retail Planning and Strategy Manager - Maternity Cover
Type: Fixed Term Employed Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 15.12.2019
Hours: Fixed Term Employed Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
A brilliant opportunity within our Group Retail Support Function covering our Retail Strategy and Planning Manager in a fixed term Maternity Cover role. This is a key role developing, executing and communicating the retail strategy ensuring all stakeholders are engaged, business priorities are met and benefits are achieved.
- Work closely with the Retail Leadership team to developing the 3-5 year Superdry retail strategy.
- Keep abreast of competitor and industry trends relating to the future of retail and build this into our strategy
- Fully understand the company’s strategic plan and ensuring that the retail plan aligns to this
- Be aware of change activity happening in the wider business and how this may positively enable things for the retail estate
- Ensure each retail led project has a robust business case (realistic costs & benefits) so we can be sure it is the right thing to do for the business and will deliver a return on investment
- Lead the business planning process within the retail function, working with finance to ensure costs and benefits are reflected in the financial plan. Manage the retail capex plan, ensuring we stay within budget
- Act as a gatekeeper for new projects coming onto the plan
- Establish a well sequenced change plan which takes into account the capacity of stores to land the change
- Ensure the plan is communicated to key stakeholders effectively and everyone is clear on the scope of each project & the delivery milestones
- Make sure each change initiative has clear objectives & measures of success defined. Reporting & tracking is set up to monitor progress against these.
- Facilitate regular Retail Leadership team meetings, ensuring everyone is clear are clear on the progress being made, identifying and communicating any risk or barriers to the delivery of the plan. You work with stakeholders to agree actions required and monitor progress against these.
- Complete full reviews for each change initiative to identifying key successes and learning points for the future, quantifying the impact that each change has had on the business and the return on investment achieved.
- Coach and develop your team in a positive manner, rewarding and praising for a job well done. Delegating work effectively giving them the opportunity to develop key skills and progress into future roles.
- Experienced in leading and managing small, medium and large-scale projects, in a retail environment, working with different project methodologies and able demonstrate your success in landing change projects with results
- Able to multi-task successfully across a number of work channels and with a range of stakeholders (to exec level), building solid and trusting relationships
- Experienced in facilitating meetings and workshops, an excellent communicator both verbally and written
- A strategic thinker, highly analytical with strong commercial/financial awareness. Strong business planning experience is essential for the role
- A strong people manager with experience in developing a team
- Experienced in a global role
- Available to on a 9 month contract role and based within or a commutable distance to Cheltenham
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply