Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 09.06.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: From £28,000 per year, plus benefits
Superdry’s Brand Creative department is a fast-growing team located in Cheltenham, focusing on world class content creation. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing thousands of products across multiple channels.
The Videographer will be a vital member of the Brand Creative Film team. Reporting into the Head of Brand Creative and working alongside the Photographers, Creative Producers and Brand Creatives.
This is an important role for Superdry, requiring an experienced Director/DOP and editor to shoot and cut editorial long and short form premium digital video content. Someone with pre-existing fashion advertising experience and expert knowledge of innovative video capture and editing techniques, processes, and animation/motion graphics to ensure we elevate our assets to the highest level.
You will work collaboratively with the in-house team and be responsible for setting and maintaining the video capture and editing standards for the business. Our workload consists of delivering high-quality fashion films for global Brand Marketing Campaigns. The team also provide moving content for B2B, B2C, Social and CRM, these areas require a faster turnaround.
You will assist in the ongoing quality control of assets created by the in-house team and by external suppliers to ensure we always meet the highest standards and adhere to brand guidelines.
We are a friendly, co-operative, supportive team, where we share the workload evenly between team members. We encourage professional development and will support you in your career development.
- Work with the creative team to shoot and edit fashion films for B2B, B2C, events, marketing, and internal communication.
- Ensure all films created are consistent with Superdry’s brand guidelines and are delivered to a high standard.
- Work collaboratively with others in the Brand Creative team to make informed decisions with regards to quality and creative output.
- Work collaboratively with the Brand Creative team, listen to collective points of view to drive team performance, and deliver on a unified creative direction.
- Prioritise your workload and pro-actively manage multiple projects to meet delivery deadlines.
- Keep up to date with new techniques relevant to your work and proactively test and refine.
- Utilize your creative skills, be aware of current trends and openly share ideas to enhance the creative output of the team.
- Confidently use all video capture equipment within a studio setting and be competent shooting on location.
- Confidently direct models to ensure they deliver their best performance to camera and achieve the required output, showcasing our product in the best way.
- Build strong relationships with the Superdry teams, stakeholders and external suppliers that can support the film team.
- Be flexible, adaptable, and open to exploring new approaches and make suggestions of how to achieve best results along the way.
- Work closely with the Brand Creative teams on edits; delivering work to creative concepts, taking art direction, presenting options, hosting reviews and working within brand guidelines.
- Respond to ad-hoc briefs; overseeing the end-to-end video creation process, with regards to capture, editing and motion graphics.
- Edit long and short-form content for the brands digital marketing channels, OOH sites, retail screens and internal comms using relevant software.
- Independently manage workload and support the Junior Videographer with regards to prioritising projects.
- Manage the post-production workflows from receiving raw files to final delivery and QC; ensure all projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality.
- Assist the Production team with regards to versioning; finding solutions to deliver high volumes of localised assets on time and with high attention to detail. Assist with supplier liaison when outsourcing versioning and execute a QC process on delivery.
- Assist the Production team with freelance contributors such as editors, colourists, sound mixers, VFX artists, composers; review deliverables and provide finishing for freelancer-edited videos as needed (e.g. tweak edits, sound mixes, graphics).
- Support the Head of brand Creative with new talent proposals, such as directors, editors, colourists, composers, VFX artists.
- Proactively test and learn new tools, plugins, software and editing/animation methods for the job; demonstrate a constant development of skills and exploration of new techniques.
- Inspire and motivate the Junior Videographer, share ideas, creative techniques, and technical advice to enhance overall film output and upskill team members in the area of film capture and editing.
- Execute quality control checks of assets produced by the internal team members and external partners to ensure it meets Superdry’s standards and reflects the brand’s identity.
- Implement and maintain effective processes for completion and delivery of assets
- Support the Creative Traffic Manager & Asset Co-ordinator by owning the media file management for film; backing up all project folders on the server, archiving uploading & housekeeping of assets to Digital Asset Management systems across the business.
- Assist with the integration and management of new automation software and digital asset management tools.
- Used to working in a fast-paced creative environment, preferably for fashion retail.
- A Director/DOP and editor with proven experience of shooting and editing films for a host of editorial/fashion/retail brands and used to working collaboratively in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Passionate about fashion and understand how to create engaging moving content for the digitally minded, trend driven consumer.
- Able to demonstrate an impressive portfolio/showreel displaying your strong artistic eye and expertise in capturing moving content plus editing, animation & motion graphics.
- Able to confidently present a body of work with examples of fashion film for advertising and an impressive reel for social.
- Professional in your approach with commercial awareness and immersed in current trends.
- Able to talk through examples of film productions that you have been involved in, from small to large scale.
- A technical expert with a broad knowledge of all video formats, digital video and social content a must.
- Competent with setting up equipment for film in a studio set-up or on location
- Knowledgeable with regards to workflow processes; project set-up, pre and post-production and on set-management.
- Proficient in the Adobe creative suite (specifically Premiere and After Effects)
- Experienced in film capture, editing, animation & motion graphics, basic grading & sound mixing (especially for quick turn-around projects).
- Able to apply strong finishing skills; handle colour correction, sound mix, and/or graphics as needed.
- Able to follow professional workflows for shooting and applying graphics and VFX, audio mixing, colour correction, and on-line mastering of deliverable assets.
- Organised with great attention to detail and a high level of technical competency.
- Able to work cross-functionally to keep all team members up to date on projects and statuses.
- Excellent with time management, have exceptional organisational skills and can work accurately to tight deadlines.
- Efficient with your time and self-organised with the ability to prioritise projects to ensure that deadlines are met, adhering to best practices.
- Able to problem-solve and work through issues and produce amazing results under the pressure of deadlines.
- Capable of working on projects with short deadlines and fast turn-around times.
- Able to assess production needs by having a working knowledge of production fundamentals, discipline expertise and craft expectations.
- Capable and reliable, setting new standards for the film team.
- Diplomatic, collaborative and solutions-focused, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A confident team player, able to mentor and inspire others.
- Ability to interact with internal co-workers and external clients at a variety of levels and across functions
- Able to commute to our Cheltenham HQ.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search