Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 27.06.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: From £25,000 plus benefits
Our logistics department supports the business by managing the flow of our amazing product from supplier to end customer whether that be one of our stores, an eCommerce customer or a wholesale customer. We have a global network of consolidation centres and distribution centres that handles in excess of 40m garments per year. It’s an extremely complex operation requiring expert leadership, along with strong relationships with our international 3PL and freight partners.
As a Commercial & Planning Analyst you will be supporting the Senior Logistics Manager Commercial & Planning in all aspects of logistics operational and budget forecasting and reporting. You will also be utilising data from our logistics and finance systems to provide insight to support contract negotiations and business improvements. The role will also involve managing carrier/upstream and operational reporting. The individual needs to be data literate have a continuous improvement mind-set to ensure annual spend is controlled and effectively monitored, providing detailed financial and operational reporting across all contracts/carriers & warehousing activities.
- Support SLM Planning & Commercial with all annual budget/forecasting activities (operations & carriage)
- Support SLM Planning & Commercial in creating operational reports (per channel/DC/fixed/variable)
- Conduct detailed analysis and modelling for carriage spend globally to include channel, surcharges & duty payments to support strategic or tactical carriage decisions
- Support annual commercial negotiations with carriers/GNFR Suppliers
- Provide comprehensive data sets to support business tenders
- Support business case cost-benefit analysis & post implementation appraisal
- Conduct commercial analysis of B2B & B2C proposition changes
- Support quarterly rate reviews with all carriage providers globally (primary & secondary)
- Carry out monthly capital expenditure reporting and monthly business case appraisal reporting
- Create and produce a monthly savings initiatives file, with actuals vs budget
- Own the weekly carrier flash reporting, for all carriers/freight & samples, with commentary to support budget variances
- Conduct weekly volume analysis – 3PL reports vs Superdry BI (Looker)
- Design and develop BI dashboards, with the ability to use SQL preferred.
- Review logistics reporting & data sources to ensure integrity of data collection and use
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Update and own the “cost to serve model” for the Global Freight team
- Update information on tracking/benchmarking platforms for the Global Freight team
- Administer the “Tender for Service” financial activities as required by the logistics tender schedule
- Communicate and collaborate proactively with other stakeholders to ensure operational effectiveness
- Build personal competence to deliver team / personal objectives and business results
- Someone with experience in a commercial or planning role and knowledgeable of the logistics sector
- Commercially astute in order to drive appropriate decision making at contract level and globally
- Experienced in financial & data modelling
- Adept with different IT systems and software; advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Able to work effectively in an autonomous environment whilst retaining regular links with key stakeholders in the business across the globe
- A structured, logical thinker with an attention to detail
- Someone who enjoys problem solving
- Able to communicate and present effectively
- Used to reporting specification & design
- Experienced in the use of BI tools, with knowledge of ML and SQL a benefit
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search