Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 23.02.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
This role is a key enabler to operational success and will support the efficient and effective delivery to achieve the commercial goals. Providing expert advice on all ER matters acting as the escalation point within both the People Team and the business.
- Provide consistent specialist ER advice and guidance
- Be skilled in assessing and advising on the commercial risk within an ER case
- Proactively review and monitor ER trends
- Support remotely with proactive management of ER cases – advising, coaching and influencing
- Manage and support with complex ER cases eg early conciliations, ET
- Support the business through restructures
- Ensure all ER queries / cases are responded to and resolved in a timely manner, fairly, consistently, commercially and pragmatically
- Overseeing people practices ensuring we remain legally compliant
- Identify solutions that will continuously improve the management of ER challenges across the business
- Effective influencing skills
- Regularly review and improve current ER policies and service- developing quick reference user guides / support for line managers
- Liaise with and maintain effective relationships with the business
- Work in partnership with the People Business Partnering Team to keep them informed of any high risk ER cases / trends
- Ensure managers are upskilled to deal with people in a fair and effective manner through developing and delivering ER training and activities to support this
- Help support and develop the People Admin Team when managing initial HR / ER queries and case work
- Have the ability to analyse information / data and prioritise actions accordingly
- CIPD qualified with ER experience
- Leading by example demonstrating SD values and behaviours
- Excellent knowledge of up to date employment law
- Strong ER experience including dealing with complex cases up to and including ET
- A strong communicator with the ability to build trust and relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong decision maker
- Resilient under pressure – ability to maintain effective work behaviour
- Action orientation – demonstrates a readiness to make decision
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search