Closing date for applications: 18.12.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Working as part of our Brand Agency team and reporting to the Creative & Styling Manager you will primarily work to prepare models hair & make-up for photo and film shoots. You will provide strong guidance to the agency team from a hair & make-up perspective whilst working on shoots for ecommerce, digital and wholesale.
Enthusiastic and immersed in contemporary style and culture, you are obsessed with fashion and style. You are passionate about your work with an emphasis on pushing the boundaries.
*Please include your portfolio with your application*
- Be working with an in-house team who create engaging content for Superdry's ecommerce, digital marketing and wholesale needs.
- Prep male and female models for daily photo & film shoots at Superdry Head Office studios or on location.
- Be on set during each shoot, adjusting hair and makeup as and when required.
- Have clear attention to detail when creating briefed hair & make-up styles.
- Maintain a consistent and high standard of hair & make-up and act as the in-house expert in this field.
- Have an understanding of Superdrys brand reset and strategy, and how this reflects in your area of expertise for the business.
- Work with Photo/Film/Retouch teams to ensure content is delivered to a high quality and models look premium every time, review images and feedback on any corrections that can be made in retouching to improve results.
- Work in partnership with the Creative & Styling Manager to create seasonal hair & make-up guidelines.
- Where required, assist the styling team in preparing for shoots/events and castings.
- Be able to source and procure relevant products and equipment
- Be organised and prepare for shoots on tight schedules, managing workload appropriately.
- Assist the Style/Production team in hosting talent when required.
- Keep up to date with industry shows, trends, street style, social movements, Instagram etc to stay inspired, in order to bring the freshest ideas/approach to every shoot. Maintain awareness of competitors, be ahead of the curve.
- A hair & male-up artist with a degree or relevant qualification in hair styling / make-up, ideally experienced in working in a photo studio environment, preferably for a fashion/sportswear brand.
- Someone with an understanding of photography, film, retouch, hair & make-up processes.
- Experienced with working on model shoots, owning hair and make-up for males and females.
- Able to follow guidelines and work to a brief.
- Used to working in a fast-paced studio environment with creative teams.
- Immersed in fashion culture, current make-up trends and understand how these relate to the Superdry customer.
- Able to provide support with researching current trends for seasonal guidelines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced studio with a high level of output on a weekly basis.
- Able to stay motivated during a busy day and consistently working to a high standard.
- Agile, adaptable and resilient, open to input from passionate and engaged executive leadership.
- A positive person, with a can-do attitude.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search