Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 31.05.22
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
As Junior Model Booker at Superdry you will be an integral member of the Brand Creative Agency reporting into the Casting Manager. Working alongside the Casting Manager and Brand Creative teams, you will assist in all model and talent casting for the agency. Delivery of talent across all creative, ecommerce & wholesale projects, ensuring the talent proposals stay true to the approved creative vision and aligns to the brand guidelines for our style choices.
This role is based in head office, Cheltenham.
- Assist the Casting Manager on model casting requirements for Superdry’s Brand Agency creative projects; for digital platforms, B2B / wholesale, events and brand campaigns.
- Help to build relationships with model agents.
- Assist with live casting and booking models for use in shoots for ecommerce, look-books, events, campaigns, both in the UK and globally.
- Work with the Casting Manager to ensure the correct rates are being negotiated for models in relation to license agreements.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, street style, social movements, Instagram etc to stay inspired, to bring the freshest ideas/approach to every casting proposal, maintaining constant awareness of competitors, be ahead of the curve.
- Work shoulder to shoulder with a collaborative team of specialists, including Producers, Photographers, Videographers.
- Prepare and deliver strong casting proposals for all creative agency projects, by style choice & conduct model presentations.
- Work to deadlines in a busy environment with multiple projects on a weekly basis.
- Work with the Casting Manager to agree usage licenses, ensuring cost savings are made and booking forms are issued correctly by producers prior to shooting.
- Work with the Casting Manager managing casting budgets for all projects and reporting costs to production and the Brand Agency Manager.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure talent paperwork is managed correctly, along with providing travel and accommodation where necessary.
- Manage model and agency data base.
- 1 year + of working with model bookings for a model agency or for a fashion brand.
- Ideally some experience in booking talent for a variety of commercial purposes - B2B projects, online/social content and marketing campaigns.
- Someone with proven experience of working with a range of fashion, sportswear brands.
- Proficient administrator, working knowledge of Microsoft office, google docs and diary management.
- Ideally someone with existing relationships with model agencies.
- Ideally someone who is familiar with negotiating model rates and license agreements with model agents.
- Ideally someone who is familiar with issuing contracts / booking forms and understands the importance of this.
- Someone with fashion/sportswear industry experience, who is immersed in model culture. Aware of current trends and how these relate to the Superdry customer.
- Able to remain calm and professional while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude.
- A tenacious person with impeccable communication skills.
- Someone who can grasp new information very quickly, is flexible and able to adapt to change and happy to work in an evolving department.
- A positive person, with a can-do attitude, willing to leverage past experience to provide the best solution for each project.
- Used to working in a fast-paced creative team, with a high level of output on a weekly basis.
- Able to manage a heavy workload under pressure by effectively prioritising, planning ahead and overseeing multiple tasks at any one time.
- Based in or within an easy commutable distance to Cheltenham.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search