Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 16.12.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Our logistics department supports the business by managing the flow of our amazing product from supplier to end customer whether that be one of our stores, an eCommerce customer or a wholesale customer. We have a global network of consolidation centres and distribution centres that handles in excess of 40m garments per year. It’s an extremely complex operation requiring expert leadership, along with strong relationships with our international 3PL and freight partners.
The logistics function within Superdry generates a huge amount of data every day from multiple sources, the Data Science Lead role will be key in setting the direction of how we aggregate, interrogate and derive value from our data. We’re looking for a talented, insightful and technical individual to advance our Data Science capabilities and provide guidance and development for a small team of highly capable data practitioners.
- Combine the use of statistics, analytics and machine learning with your business acumen to influence management decisions and evolve our data strategy
- Carry out statistical analysis over varied data sets
- Configure and apply machine learning algorithms in various analytical and commercial contexts
- Contribute to new data source design in order to meet use cases
- Collaborate with our IT development team to define and develop the technical architecture needed to support our BI strategy
- Work with other members of the logistics team to identify, scope and deliver data use cases & projects
- Support the creation of insight to drive commercial decision making through data & Looker
- Communicate predictions and findings through effective data visualisations and reports
- Recommend cost-effective changes to existing processes and strategies
- Create a culture of engagement within your team and ensure everyone has a clear personal development plan
- Confident with a comprehensive statistical analysis package such as R
- Comfortable using AWS EC2 and EMR, as well as big data tools
- Deeply analytical, with a love for data and solving problems using massive data sets
- Able to apply regression techniques to demonstrate relationships in data allowing for tangible insight to be gleaned and used in decision making
- Capable of applying machine learning algorithms to various problems. It would be beneficial to have used the AWS ML toolsets
- An advanced Python developer
- Experienced in retail and / or logistics – as part of the interview process you will be expected to present use cases as discussion points
- A self-starter and able to configure and implement your own ideas
- A graduate in a relevant degree discipline
- Based within commutable distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday. We also offer a holiday buying scheme.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search