Closing date for applications: 14.11.21
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This role will support the content and copy teams for the Superdry brands in order to inspire and engage their specific style obsessed consumers. The role requires an understanding of and interest in contemporary culture, relative our five brands, across style media from magazine editorial in print and digital, through social media content to retail communication. You will be acting as the assistant to the editorial team of our “virtual magazine” editorial content.
Reporting into the Lead Copy and Content Editor this role will support the editorial team and contribute to the change and elevation in brand perceptions by building compelling and engaging stories against the monthly content plan that engage and inform and motivate our consumers across all consumer channels.
- Support the Copy and Content team in the development and delivery of the seasonal brand content strategy and assets ensuring all content is delivered on time in full
- Work with the Copy and Content team and the Channel Marketing team to fulfil the content & copy requirements across all channels ensuring replication and amplification of themes and stories
- Support the delivery of content within the Brand Calendar, understanding critical timings and maintaining a live reference document for the business that enables delivery of integrated cross channel messaging
- Support the provision of detailed campaign and content approval decks to Creative Director
- Use brand content effectiveness insights throughout and post campaigns and embed key learnings into future plans, building a deep understanding of our audience(s), their interests and motivations to gain actionable insights to strengthen the connection to the brand.
- Undertake regular research (both reactive and proactive) to inspire content subjects – e.g., interviewing design and collection management teams on our seasonal inspirations, sources and product truths
- Challenge business as usual, seek out innovation, disrupt so we stand out and are ‘talked’ about, renowned and admired for our consumer conversations.
- Contribute to the writing of engaging, creative messaging for the style choice for all business functions – including but not limited to, wholesale content, brand activations, emailers, social media captions, blog, and website content
- Ensure all creative copy is well written, logically structured, and grammatically/ factually accurate and where appropriate is supportive of SEO objectives and delivers against the relevant metrics
- Start and finish everything with the consumer.
- Passionate, energetic and identify with our style choices and brands and their cultures.
- Able to distil culture and insights in to engaging content and messaging
- Able to use working knowledge and experience based on previous Copy and Content roles
- Agile, adaptable and resilient, able to switch between planning and doing.
- A highly organised, deadline focused, job finisher with a strong sense of accountability
- A competent communicator with excellent relationship management and influencing skills. A team player who thrives in a collaborative matrixed environment
- Aware and engaged on trends, developments, new thinking and cultural momentum that will affect our style choices and how we communicate.
- A natural relationship builder that seeks out the connections to be able to deliver
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Who we are
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search