Job Title: Retail Project Manager
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 22.05.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Working collaboratively with IT Product Management, Business Transformation and the wider business teams to successfully deliver projects to an agreed roadmap. As an IT Project Manager you will be accountable for successful delivery of agreed roadmap projects to a high quality, on time and in budget.
In order for our stores to operate effectively, it’s vital that they are properly equipped with the right technology, and this is where our Retail Business systems team come in. We ensure that our stores have high quality systems from EPOS to RFID. We work closely with our retail and franchise colleagues to understand the technology they need, then deliver world class scalable systems.
An ideal candidate would have an IT background, degree or similar qualification, coupled with experience of working in / working knowledge of a retail environment. We’re looking for strong project management skills, a creative mind and a real people person.
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team to deliver new system implementation & system changes.
- Plan, monitor and manage multiple projects and leading through all phases of the project lifecycle. This includes preparing and maintaining project plans, anticipating and reacting to project issues and risks, forecasting and managing resource, coordinating requirements gathering, communicating progress, and service transition from Project to BAU support.
- Effectively develop and manage stakeholder relationships and customer expectations in the delivery of projects.
- Work with third party suppliers in order to deliver product enhancements and services.
- Manage project budgets and track spend.
- Work with the IT Product Managers to create and maintain the Product roadmap and back log.
- Manage meetings to successful outcomes, taking minutes and recording actions with owners.
- Work with the Testing team to ensure changes are correctly tested and approved for go live.
- Plan and deliver project closure with effective and timely handover of projects into BAU.
- Ensure that processes for managing and implementing change are continuously reviewed and improved upon to ensure that they remain efficient, effective and appropriate.
- An experienced and established Project Manager, ideally with experience in a retail systems delivery environment.
- A strong communicator, able to work with business users and IT to understand requirements and advise solutions.
- A competent user of MS Project, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Methodical, organized, with a hands-on approach.
- Self-motivated, able to work under your own initiative and manage a changing and sometimes challenging workload.
- A strategic thinker, always able to see the bigger picture.
- Someone with exceptional attention to detail and excellent presentation skills.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire.
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply