Job Title: Purchase to Pay Senior
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 30.04.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable (AP) specialist to join our Finance department in Cheltenham, managing an established AP Team as well as driving change and transformation initiatives.
This role will support the AP Manager in looking across the end-to-end processes and system functionality to optimise team capability, increase efficiency, remove blockers, and reduce risk.
You will have extensive experience of the end-to-end P2P journey, bringing your subject matter expertise to the role, but who also has strong people management skills.
This role combines the importance of operational efficiency, people management and change and transformation experience, and is therefore critical to the success of the function and associated processes.
- Assess and scope the current end to end Purchase to Pay (P2P) process, offering solution-based recommendations for process, system, and reporting improvements, together with efficiencies around ways of working.
- Highlight risks relating to the integrity of process and system controls.
- Manage a group of Accounts Payable Assistants, driving a productive and performance led environment who could be working on several different creditor types.
- Assist with the creation of a high performing, results driven Team, building strong and credible capabilities.
- Embed a habitual change and transformation culture, working collaboratively with the Team to take them on the change journey, getting buy-in and offering value add.
- Ensure that team priorities and KPIs are understood, and work outputs are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Ensure invoices are coded correctly, and suppliers paid on time across the various Superdry entities and countries, balancing the needs of the business and customer in equal measure.
- Monitor supplier accounts and ensure they are reconciled, and any discrepancies managed.
- Produce and review timely and accurate financial and management information, always maintaining a high standard of work.
- Deal with escalations from the team, the wider business, and suppliers in a timely and professional manner
- Build strong relationships across the immediate and wider Finance team to ensure the success and effectiveness of role.
- Take the lead with queries from internal and external auditors as requested.
- Deputise for the Manager or Senior(s) as required
- Ensure the correct level of skill, competency and cover exists within the team.
- Be responsible for training and supporting team members across the wider AP Team.
- Lead by example, building trusting and inclusive relationships across Accounts Payable.
- Able to demonstrate experience in an AP / P2P change and transformation environment including system and process delivery.
- Analytical by nature, and able to apply a solution-based approach to your own work and that of others in the team.
- Someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to “get stuck in”.
- Organised, with a strong attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline and goal driven environment.
- An excellent and articulate communicator, able to work closely will other areas of Finance and key business areas.
- Someone who can manage and respect different speeds and abilities of learning in a calm and nurturing manner.
- Experienced with Microsoft office, specifically Excel.
- A steady and calming influence, with the ability to cope well in times of pressure.
- Experienced in using CODA (advantageous but not essential)
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary.
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock.
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance.
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential.
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle to Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire.
At Superdry, everyone has a voice, and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply