Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 18.04.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Working in the HR & Payroll department, this role plays a key part in making sure all our employees in the UK working in both stores and head office are paid accurately and on-time every month. Working closely with HR colleagues and our retail stores, you will have a proactive approach to collecting and processing information with a focus on achieving deadlines. We are looking for someone with good all round payroll knowledge who is used to working with high volume payrolls along with a good working knowledge of time and attendance policies and systems.
- Work as part of our HR & Payroll team and contribute to end to end UK Payroll processing
- Be responsible for the preparation and processing of our 5 UK payrolls
- Validate data flow from the HR system to the payroll system ensuring accuracy of all employee data
- Validate time and attendance data flowing in to the payroll system
- Be one of the main users of the payroll system and update with statutory employee changes
- Calculate and validate all payroll entities
- Support the wider payroll team in payroll processes and report production
- Review and validate payroll results, identifying and explaining variances for final sign off
- Respond to payroll queries from employees and wider HR team
- Someone with a knowledge of UK tax, NI and pension Legislation
- You have an understanding of Time & Attendance rules and technology
- You have previously worked in and end to end UK payroll service
- You have great attention to detail and will always follow through to resolve issues
- A quick learner and able to pick up using new systems and processes quickly
- Able to work across multiple systems including payroll and Time and Attendance
- Able to understand the statutory rules of Time and Attendance systems
- A clear and effective communicator
- Able to manage your own workload in a fast paces and changing environment
- Confident in using MS Office, Excel to an intermediate level or above
- Able to work in a confidential environment
- Numerate and have a good standard of written English
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whist none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply