Job Title: HR Business Partner
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 20.04.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As a HR team we fully believe in our purpose of, “Unlocking the Potential of Superdry by enabling our Global family to be at their best.” It’s all about supporting our amazing people throughout their journeys with us, and driving forward organisational performance at every opportunity. Our HR team prides itself on being a fun and inspiring place to work – we definitely don’t do traditional HR!
Reporting to the Global Senior HR Business Partner, we’re seeking a commercially aware, innovative, experienced HR Business Partner to work across our UK & Ireland Retail function supporting approximately 2000 employees. This role is a balance of operational fast paced people activity as well as leading the delivery of strategic initiatives within your business area.
- Build credible and trusting relationships with your senior stakeholders focused in our UK & Ireland Retail team as well as other business areas
- Work with our Area Leaders and Head of Retail – UK & ROI to define people priorities that align with the experience and culture that we want to create for our teams
- Immerse yourself into our stores; understanding how they work, their key challenges and identify opportunities to add value through people initiatives
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support to our people leaders on all people related matters
- Develop trusting and influential relationships with your senior managers, having the confidence to constructively challenge their thinking and ways of working in order to create a better employee experience and performance from the team
- Operate as a change agent, providing input and insight into the development and review of working practices and organisational structures
- Use data and insight to understand the implications of changes and identify future focus areas
- Lead and developed the Junior HR Advisor to be performing at their best
- Work closely with the wider HR Business Partnering team to co-design the right people initiatives and deliver our business ambitions through our people agenda, whilst embedding our people philosophy of creating simple; flexible and culturally enhancing changes
- Collaborate with our People Operations team to consistently identify opportunities to streamline and improve internal processes for a better people experience for our Retail teams
- Work with leaders to identify and develop their talent and ensure that we create career defining experiences for our people
- Facilitate conversations on talent and succession planning across your departments, creating opportunities and reducing business risk in critical areas
- Support diversity and inclusion interventions to raise awareness, encourage open and honest conversations and allow people to bring their real self to work
- Support the ongoing requirement to identify and recruit key high external talent alongside the Talent and Resourcing team
- Drive colleague engagement agenda through regular pulse surveys, using the responses to support business areas to make informed decisions
- Own the Superdry Voice for UK & Ireland Retail to encourage regular 2 way communication, engagement and feedback, building on our insight of how our people feel and what’s important to them
- Collaborate with other areas of HR (Talent, People Operations & Reward) on activity that impacts your departments to ensure a high quality end to end service is provided to your stakeholders and a seamless employee experience for our people
- Ensure we are always acting in the best interests of the wider business, using your knowledge and expertise to maintain legal compliance and resolve people issues
- Lead by example as a role model for our behaviours and values
- Someone with previous experience in a HR Business Partner role with a practical approach to HR
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience but it’s your approach that matters
- Experienced in working in a Retail or similar fast paced environment with remote workers would be advantageous
- Knowledgeable in succession planning/talent development, organisational design, change management, coaching, employee relations and project management
- A strategic thinker and commercially minded
- A credible HR professional, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels and challenge our leaders to make better decisions
- Able to make quick decisions based on knowledge and judgement
- A great communicator, capable of managing/influencing upward as well as downward
- Committed to delivering high quality work and always looking for smarter, better ways of working and encouraging others to do the same
- Always spots opportunities to simplify and improve processes to drive better results
- Understands what’s not important to keep us focused on delivering our people priorities
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply