Job Title: VAT Accountant - 13 month FTC
Type: Fixed Term Employed Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 10.03.2021
Hours: Fixed Term Employed Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We are now seeking an experienced interim VAT Accountant to cover a twelve-month maternity position. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate to further develop themselves in a fast-paced retail environment. As part of a newly assembled tax team, you will have the opportunity to help shape the indirect compliance processes and controls of a global plc.
- Prepare and submit the global intrastat returns for the group.
- Prepare the Group’s worldwide indirect tax returns and work with external advisors to ensure all returns are submitted on a timely basis.
- Work with external advisors in preparing our US sales and use tax returns across nine states.
- Monitor US Wayfarer limits monthly.
- Support the Senior Tax Accountant on global VAT audits.
- Assist the Senior Tax Accountant with implementing phase II requirements for Making Tax Digital purposes.
- Assist the wider tax team with the implementation of Group tax policies and governance controls from an indirect tax perspective.
- Support the wider tax team on in-house projects and initiatives from an indirect tax perspective, including the implementation of external advice.
- A qualified finance professional with relevant experience.
- Highly proficient in working with MS Office, in particular Excel.
- A highly organized, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently within the business.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised café
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch four new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply