Job Title: Senior Tax Manager
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 02.03.2021
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our continued growth and expansion creates additional challenges for our Finance team, as the more territories we operate in, the more complex our financial arrangements become. To support the ongoing growth of the business we are seeking a Senior Tax Manager to support our Financial Controller in managing the tax affairs of the group.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a broad tax background to gain further experience and develop themselves in a vibrant FTSE listed business. The role would be suitable for someone making their first move in-house or joining from within a large listed business to progress their career.
- Ensuring the effective operation of the tax function for the Group
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and filing requirements for all taxes excluding payroll tax
- Identifying ongoing and emerging tax risks, mitigating where possible
- Act as the main contact for HMRC and overseas tax authorities
- Manage relationships with tax advisors
- Provide/manage the provision of accurate tax advice to key stakeholders
- Managing the overall effective tax rate for the Group
- Implement appropriate control framework and policies
- Manage and develop the tax team, leading a team of 3 colleagues
- Build relationships with various functional business heads
- Implement and manage the Group’s transfer pricing policies
- A qualified tax accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA) with significant post qualification experience.
- A technically strong tax professional with in depth experience of Corporation Tax and tax accounting together with a broad working understanding of all other taxes.
- Calm under pressure, able to prioritise varying conflicting requirements
- A highly organized, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently within the business.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply