Job Title: Logistics Analyst - Commercial Planning - 10 Month FTC
Type: Fixed Term Employed Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 21.05.2021
Hours: Fixed Term Employed Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our logistics department supports the business by managing the flow of our amazing product from supplier to end customer whether that be one of our stores, an eCommerce customer or a wholesale customer. We have a global network of consolidation centres and distribution centres that handles in excess of 40m garments per year. It’s an extremely complex operation requiring expert leadership, along with strong relationships with our international 3PL and freight partners.
As a Commercial & Planning Analyst you will be supporting the Senior Logistics Manager Commercial & Planning in all aspects of logistics operational and budget forecasting and reporting. You will also be utilising data from our logistics and finance systems to provide insight to support contract negotiations and business improvements. The role will also involve managing carrier/upstream and operational reporting. The individual needs to be data literate have a continuous improvement mind-set to ensure annual spend is controlled and effectively monitored, providing detailed financial and operational reporting across all contracts/carriers & warehousing activities
• Support SLM Planning & Commercial with all annual budget/forecasting activities (operations & carriage)
• Support SLM Planning & Commercial in creating operational reports (per channel/DC/fixed/variable)
• Conduct detailed analysis and modelling for carriage spend globally to include channel, surcharges & duty payments to support strategic or tactical carriage decisions
• Support annual commercial negotiations with carriers/GNFR Suppliers
• Provide comprehensive data sets to support business tenders
• Support business case cost-benefit analysis & post implementation appraisal
• Conduct commercial analysis of B2B & B2C proposition changes
• Support quarterly rate reviews with all carriage providers globally (primary & secondary)
• Carry out monthly capital expenditure reporting and monthly business case appraisal reporting
• Create and produce a monthly savings initiatives file, with actuals vs budget
• Own the weekly carrier flash reporting, for all carriers/freight & samples, with commentary to support budget variances
• Conduct weekly volume analysis – 3PL reports vs Superdry BI (Looker)
• Design and develop Looker looks and dashboards
• Review logistics reporting & data sources to ensure integrity of data collection and use
• Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
• Update and own the “cost to serve model” for the Global Freight team
• Update information on tracking/benchmarking platforms for the Global Freight team
• Administer the “Tender for Service” financial activities as required by the logistics tender schedule
• Communicate and collaborate proactively with other stakeholders to ensure operational effectiveness
• Build personal competence to deliver team / personal objectives and business results
• Someone with experience in a commercial or planning role and knowledgeable of the logistics sector
• Commercially astute in order to drive appropriate decision making at contract level and globally
• Experienced in financial & data modelling
• Adept with different IT systems and software; advanced in Microsoft Excel
• Able to work effectively in an autonomous environment whilst retaining regular links with key stakeholders in the business across the globe
• A structured, logical thinker with an attention to detail
• Someone who enjoys problem solving
• Able to communicate and present effectively
• Used to reporting specification & design
• Experienced in the use of Looker
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
• Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
• 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
• Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
• Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
• Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
• A range of team and company-wide social events
• Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply