Job Title: Assistant Copy and Content Editor
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 29.08.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
This role will lead the creation of content in support of marketing strategies and plans that bond the brand to its consumers. The role requires a deep understanding of contemporary culture for and style choices, from across style media from magazine editorial in print and digital, through social media content to retail communication.
Reporting into the Copy and Content Editor, working collaboratively with Style Choice counterparts in Brand Managers, Product Creative, Brand Creative, and Channel Marketing , this role will contribute to the change and elevation in brand perceptions by building compelling engaging stories against the monthly content plan that engage, inform and motivate our audiences across all consumer channels.
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce copy and content to execute on assigned Style Choice
- Deliver concepts that change minds, inspire action, inform and educate whilst they persuade.
- Support the Channel Marketing team to build a dynamic content planning process that fulfills the requirements across all channels ensuring replication and amplification of themes and stories.
- Deliver concepts against the brand marketing calendar for your assigned style choice, to critical timings, aligned with trading and merchandising realities, maintaining a live reference document for the business that enables delivery of integrated cross channel messaging.
- Present copy and content concepts with visual deliverables and content approval decks to Creative Director, Senior Brand Marketing Manager and Copy & Content Editor.
- Collaborate with teams in ecom, retail and corporate for aligned and consistent communication by those with responsibility for function specific copy or content, segmented by style choice.
- Undertake regular research (both reactive and proactive) to inspire content subjects – e.g. interviewing design and collection management teams on our seasonal inspirations, sources and product truths.
- Challenge business as usual, seek out innovation, disrupt so we stand out and are ‘talked’ about, and admired for our consumer conversations.
- Under direction of the Senior Brand Manager, act as owner and Editor of the style choice tone voice and visual style across all channels
- Be engaged in the merchandising and trading processes ensuring support for brand and content essential items/capsules, and that content is relevant to drive and support sales plans.
- Oversee and write engaging, creative messaging for the Sport Style choice for all business functions – including but not limited to, wholesale look-books and product messaging, marketing campaigns, emailers, social media captions, blog and website content – advising and influencing others with responsibility for copy production in their function.
- Ensure all creative copy is well written, logically structured, and grammatically/ factually accurate and where appropriate is supportive of SEO objectives and delivers against the relevant metrics.
- Revise copy based on internal and stakeholder feedback/direction.
- Comfortably vary voice style tone and pace and other characteristics demanded by the audience, channel or medium.
- Start and finish everything with the consumer.
- An experienced content creator working in a similar role in a related industry.
- Passionate, energetic and identify with our style choices and their cultures.
- Someone who continually seeks to raise the bar on creativity
- Experienced in businesses/brands of scale, but also those considered startup, independent or disruptive.
- From a branded background, in sports or fashion, with agency experience managing similar brands
- Solid writing and proofing skills able to adapt to match the tone and stylistic treatment the audience expects
- An avid researcher able to distill culture and insights in to engaging content and messaging
- Agile, adaptable and resilient, able to switch between planning and doing.
- A highly organised, deadline focused, job finisher with a strong sense of accountability
- A competent communicator with excellent relationship management and influencing skills. A team player who thrives in a collaborative matrixed environment
- Aware and engaged on trends, developments, new thinking and cultural momentum that will affect our style choices and how we communicate.
- A natural relationship builder that seeks out the connections to be able to deliver
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programs
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Cafe
- A range of team and social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply