Job Title: Senior Consumer Events and PR Manager
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 29.08.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
This role will establish the and oversee the execution of the brand marketing strategies in the ambient channel of Consumer PR and Events, for the Original and Vintage Style Choice, providing the objectives and direction to amplify and elevate the Superdry brand through PR and Event activations.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced PR and Events marketing professional to develop, and grow Superdry’s presence globally through delivery of integrated, segmented calendars of PR campaigns and consumer events that support the cultures of the four style choices. In this channel we should be culturally relevant, we should stand out, we should be disruptive, we should be of the moment, we should be renowned.
Reporting into the Head of Channel Marketing and working collaboratively with Brand Managers, Copy & Content Editor, Social Team, Product Creative, Brand Creative, this role will contribute to the change and elevation in brand perceptions by promoting the brand, our style choices and product stories to the desired consumers, that will move the business from transactional consumer interactions to higher value longer term emotional connections and brand advocacy.
- Lead the development and implementation of the global PR and Events strategy for all Style Choices in collaboration with the Brand Marketing and Collection Management Teams.
- Drive a consumer reappraisal of the brand to deliver engagement with the notion of style as a choice, creating an emotional bond that builds a valuable community of brand advocates
- Grow the brand exposure, whilst building a deep understanding of our potential audience(s), their interests and motivations, gaining actionable insights to strengthen their connection to the brand.
- Amplify the marketing communication strategy across PR and Consumer Events, overseeing the execution of the content plan and calendar as a means to reset brand perceptions, spark positive interactions for the brand and the style choices, constantly improving awareness and consideration.
- Lead collaboration across Brand Marketing, Social & Digital Marketing and Creative teams to create integrated communications programs and consumer events that support style choice seasonal content themes and stories
- Identify media targets by style choice audience, pitch, host and secure segmented global media on Brand stories (both print and digital titles) and product fascination.
- Draft press materials and secure coverage in trade, lifestyle, and consumer press working with copywriters to draft PR copy as needed
- Create and execute regular consumer events that inspire and engage the audience and generate talkability, exposure and brand heat resonating beyond the event itself
- Ensure each market has the necessary tools/assets to maximize editorial and events opportunities and that brand standards are followed across all markets
- Take responsibility for ensuring global consistency in PR messaging and for maximizing all media opportunities for the brand across the style choices.
- Identify, appoint, brief and manage suitable PR agencies as required to support priority market activity.
- Monitor and report upon coverage and sentiment illustrating ROI of activity.
- Manage budget and maintain tracker to maximise value return on all spend.
- Inspire, manage and develop the team providing clear direction and regular feedback to direct reports (2), building a collaborative, valued, high functioning channel team.
- Start and finish everything with the consumer.
- A passionate, energetic, creative communications professional with fantastic leadership capability and global experience
- Experienced in leading PR and Consumer events and brand activation for fashion/sports brands and through moments of change
- Engaged and connected with relevant media contacts, immersed and up to date with news and happenings in the industry
- Able to act as a brand ambassador for your style choice
- A competent project manager with great attention to detail and follow-up, a creative problem solver with good commercial sense.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers for business and brand through consumer channels associated with the role
- Entrepreneurial in nature and approach
- Experienced in businesses/brands of scale, but also those considered startup, independent or disruptive
- Comfortable with driving fast change against a back drop of legacy habits
- Adaptable, agile and able to multitask and switch between strategy and tactics
- A confident inspirational communicator, recognised and respected as a source of best practice in your field, earned through previous experience and success.
- A natural relationship builder that seeks out the connections to be able to deliver
- Flexible to travel as necessary
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply