Job Title: 2D 3D Pattern Cutter
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 31.05.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital 2D/3D Pattern Cutter to join the quality and technical team. Within this role, you will interpret the design vision, creating and amending patterns that deliver the required silhouette and best fit, whilst meeting all Superdry standards and Critical Path timelines. This role requires strong communication, written and verbal, and to have an excellent attitude towards mentoring and developing talent within the business.
- Have an expert understanding of pattern cutting, grading, fabric properties related to fit, fit development, and product construction
- Have the right mix of digital skills work on our 2D Grafis and 3D Browzwear systems
- Communicate new fit silhouettes digitally to stakeholders via 3D Avatar or pattern file.
- Manage the block and spec library, filing all patterns logically for easy access by the wider team
- Advise on grading and pattern queries
- Take ownership of the PLM specification library, updating templates and advising stake-holders
- Participate in regular category-level reviews to ensure market-leading fit and quality for our customer
- Work collaboratively across all apparel areas to develop consistent, optimum fit
- Ensure blocks and grading strategy is delivered consistently to lead the market across all sizes
- Challenge suppliers to be accountable for their pattern management
- Work with Technologist early in the season to create new blocks/shapes and confirm fit digitally on Avatar when required
- Support the PLM system in achieving the business ambition of speed, visibility and consistency
- Deliver training to UK & Regional Office Team
- Work collaboratively with the QA to analyse Fit return data
- Experienced with 2 to 3 years in a similar role
- Able to demonstrate or develop expertise in working with Grafis and Browzwear
- A graduate with a relevant degree
- Experienced in fit development and working with models
- Able to embrace change in a busy environment, coping effectively with the need to manage a wide variety of people and product lines, with high demand in terms of output
- Confident, commercial and well-founded in your approach to making decisions quickly and effectively
- Responsible for your own performance and development
- Continuously improving your knowledge by keeping up to date with the latest developments in pattern and fit technology
- Adept at building effective relationships, communicating and engaging with colleagues and suppliers at all levels
- Available to travel if required, to support business needs, even if this is at short notice.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply