Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 17.06.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Global Credit Manager to lead our wholesale and e-commerce credit control function. You'll be leading a diverse-multilingual team of 9, who manage wholesale customers across the world to ensure effective management and control of the credit and risk processes.
The role is fast paced, with many inter-dependencies on other teams and processes across Finance and the wider business, so you’ll need to adopt an agile way of working. With the business going through an ongoing period of transformation, you will need to be confident working in a constantly changing environment, enjoy problem solving and able to adapt to new ways of working quickly.
Working at our Head Office in Cheltenham, we offer a hybrid working environment with the expectation of 3 days in the office. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Drive the timely collection of upcoming and overdue debt, overseeing credit management processes to reduce and maintain DSO.
- Ensure effective KPIs and SLAs are imbedded to drive the efficiency and success of your team.
- Manage the control of all credit and risk related compliance requests including those linked to our borrowing facility and credit insurance.
- Support and direct the business in associated risks linked to stock shipments, working closely with Wholesale teams to ensure that shipping targets are achieved, whilst balancing any associated risk or exposure to the business.
- Produce regulatory and internal reports including the IFRS9 submission, debtors reporting, dashboard insights and other associated reports required as part of the role.
- Communicate with senior management as a global process owner.
- Ensure non-stock invoicing is managed in an accurate and timely way.
- Provide technical and expert advice to the Team relating to credit related matters such as insolvencies, bank guarantee claims, commercial risk and associated interpretation of document content.
- Ensure that the month end closing reconciliation is actioned and approved, managing any variances through to resolution in the new period.
- Act as an escalation point across Finance and Wholesale Teams for all credit control activities.
- Manage the relationship with our insurance and credit reporting partners, ensuring their processes are aligned to our business needs and give us value for money.
- Be the point of contact for internal and external audit activities.
- Work with Legal on insolvency and contractual issues to ensure cases are progressing, and contractual compliance is being adhered too.
- An experienced Credit Manager ideally with a qualification in credit management, able to demonstrate a successful track record at supervisory or managerial level.
- A strong and effective communicator, with the ability to build credible and long-lasting relationships.
- Someone with a strong understanding of debt security options, legal action and contract compliance.
- An agile individual who can problem solve and adapt your approach and ways of working in line with changing challenges.
- Someone with a strong analytical mindset who can interpret and articulate key sets of data.
- Confident to challenge, show resilience and flexibility in equal measure.
- Great on excel, reporting and presenting data to senior stakeholders.
- An inspirational people manager, able to upskill mentor and successfully lead your Credit Control team.
- Someone with change and transformation abilities, who will need to drive change as part of our Systems, People, Process and Policy initiatives.
- Committed to excellent customer service.
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise work effectively.
- Someone with experience of finance lending facilities and the associated reporting and complexities of borrowing base calculations (desired but not essential).
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search