Closing date for applications: 17.02.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
The role provides critical insight and recommendations, so we make the best investment choices across the initiatives being undertaken by Superdry, particularly where technology and data solutions are used. The role ensures there is a clear picture of what investments we have planned, the progress, the key risks and issues and the resources and costs involved. This information will support plc Board updates, Exec planning conversations and individual portfolio and initiative management choices.
Working with both finance and the different technology portfolios, the role ensures we have accurate information ahead of time so the right decisions can be made both within the portfolio and as an Exec team, to maximise return, realign and prioritise our resources and initiatives.
The role, develops and optimises the process for capturing information and reporting on projects and agile delivery to minimise the effort required by individual portfolios, automating as much as possible and providing a simple and clear enterprise-wide view.
Having visibility on initiatives across all the business functions, the role identifies dependencies and associated risks to the deliverability of our plans, and highlights decisions that would need to be made to manage or mitigate the conflicts.
- Establish a single view of initiatives across Superdry, particularly those supported through technology and data capabilities.
- Work with the Programme and project leadership teams, to understand the priorities, dependencies of initiatives being committed too.
- Track the ‘high integrity commitments’ initiatives across Superdry, where we are committing teams, including agile teams, to prioritise against a specific date, dependency, or company commitment, ensuring we know the risks to these at the earliest opportunity.
- Track and report on initiatives at risk of success due to the volume and scale of identified dependencies, conflicts, constraints, or other risks & issues.
- Work with finance to ensure the investment and benefit delivery plans are aligned, and value of initiatives are captured and supported by Finance. (Requesting from initiatives owners as required)
- Support quarterly increment planning, by identifying cross-functional gaps & dependencies
- Support OKR (Objectives & Key results), scoring for the portfolios, ensuring we are regularly aware of our progress toward our objectives.
- Lead the work to introduce a single, simple, and effective initiative / ‘agile’ reporting across all of Tech, working with portfolio management teams.
- Challenge initiative and portfolio leaders on the completeness and accuracy of what they are reporting, to ensure a continued improvement in the quality of our reporting.
- As required, support the portfolio management function for major cross-functional initiatives, supporting the programme leadership to oversee the progress of programmes.
- Communicate the overall portfolio information and progress in an open, accessible, and transparent way, supporting colleagues in the portfolios, with insight they need to be successful.
- An experienced PMO / portfolio manager.
- Effective in collaborating with colleagues.
- Able to challenge colleagues to ensure we have the right accurate information for decisions.
- A critical thinker, able to see the connection between activities and identify potential gaps.
- Able to remain objective and unbiased, focused on ensuring the facts and data drive recommendations.
- Have a high-level understanding of technologies role in the solutions and initiatives.
- Always inquisitive and curious with the ability to ask insightful questions to build an enterprise picture.
- Commercially aware, able to work with Finance teams and understand the commercial value of initiatives.
- A great communicator, able to present and share information to a wide audience.
- A desire to build skills in agile change methodology to support the increasing use of agile at Superdry.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search