Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 12.02.23
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: From £23,000 plus Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cash & Banking Analyst to join our Finance Team supporting core transactional and reconciliation activities in a busy and dynamic environment, by ensuring the correct allocation and reconciliation of inbound revenue streams and outbound payables.
You will be supporting the business globally in completing timely and accurate financial and management information, always maintaining a high standard of work.
You will have experience of operational banking and cash management, working well under pressure and to tight deadlines using your own initiative and as part of a strong and respected team.
- On a daily basis, download various bank statements and allocate card and cash transactions to the appropriate entity bank reconciliations for retail, wholesale, e-comm, bank charges, fees and other inbound and outbound transactions
- Post daily and corrective journals into the general ledger (GL), ensuring minimal errors and monitoring causes to identify underlying trends
- Investigate unknown statement and GL entries with a view to keeping unreconciled items to a minimum
- Highlight risks relating to cash management to the business by analysing bank reconciliations for possible fraud and recommending action
- Build strong relationships across the immediate and wider Finance team to ensure success and effectiveness of role
- Update and analyse cash balances, identifying and actioning necessary movements required to facilitate positive account liquidity
- Produce group daily balance reporting with appropriate commentary where necessary
- Support Retail Operations and IT with payment technology needs relating to the store network
- Always strive to produce a high quality and consistent output
- Understand the impact of borrowing concepts such as Asset Backed Lending
- Use various banking platforms to support cash management processes, and be required to engage with key banking contacts
- Respond to queries from internal and external auditors as requested
- Ensure that Cash & Banking owned procedures are maintained
- Work with the Treasury Manager in completing administrative Treasury tasks as needed
- Strong on analytical thinking, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline and goal driven environment
- An excellent and articulate communicator, able to work closely will other areas of Finance and key business areas
- Able to flex and adapt between entities and countries as decided by the Cash & Bank Manager
- Experienced in a similar role, working for a global organisation with multi-currency transactions
- Proficient with intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Able to prioritise and work well under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines
- Comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders and responding to any requests
- Experienced using CODA (desirable but not essential)
- Keen to study or already working towards your AAT Qualification
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am – 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are
Superdry is a British, founder-led brand with a truly global presence. We’ve been proudly creating world-class product for almost two decades, offering genuine choice to our customers with our curated style collections.
Our mission is to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering product that is authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like our people.
We are on an ambitious, style-obsessed journey and need talented people to join us on the adventure. Are you ready for everything?Download job description Apply
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.Back to search